Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Controlling a Movie within a Movie

Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2006 Jun 05, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I have a captivate movie (movie A) into which I would like to insert another animation (movie B) with the Insert > Animation command. This works fine. However, I would like the playback control of movie A to also control the playback of movie B. Is this possible? Othewise, I would have to have two playback controls which is very confusing for the user. I have seen a Captivate example where this seems to function correctly, but I cannot figure out how it was done.

Thanks,

Jesse
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 07, 2006 Jun 07, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let us know if you can remember where you saw this work. I for one would be very, very interested in seeing two movies controlled from only the main playback control ... but I don't believe it is possible within Captivate.

Have a nice day, Jesse!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Larry,

I have a parallel post in the "General" category that contains more information on this, including comments from Rick Stone. I have forwarded him the project that contains the example of a single playback control controlling two movies. It turns out the example was created by a former employee of my company that I am unable to contact. I have all the source files from him, but I am unable to replicate the behavior. I have forwarded this SWF to Rick and he has graciously offered to examine it. I would be happy to forward the SWF of Captivate project files to you as well if you think you can help with this problem. Please let me know. I may not be describing the problem accurately, but I am waiting to hear back from Rick. Let me know if you would like me to send files.

Thanks,

Jesse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jesse and Larry

If Larry is up for it, I'd highly suggest sending him the file. Unfortunately I haven't had the time I expected to look it over. And I just now got into my hotel room here in Elvistown (Memphis, TN) and see I've got about 250 E-Mail messages to wade through (assuming I last that long). So Larry is probably your best bet.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 08, 2006 Jun 08, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jesse,

Could you please send me a copy of those files, I am pretty good at ActionScript and flash. I would like to help you out here.

Regards,

Boxing Boom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2006 Jun 08, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Boxing Boom,

Thanks for offering to help with this problem. Where should I send the files? Which files should I send, SWF or the Captivate CP file?

Jesse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 11, 2006 Jun 11, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi,

Sorry for the length of time it took me to respond, send it to it_trainer1@btinternet.com. It is best to send all associated files, and if you can some peronal notes on what you require. I will do my best for you.

Regards,

Boxing Boom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources