Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rollback when Installing RoboHelp

Jun 07, 2006 Jun 07, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I encountered this problem when trying to install RoboHelp in DELL PCs:

The installation process will just roll back once it comes to a file named 'dao.dll'. this situation occurs in all the DELL PCs that i tried. However RoboHelp seems to install nicely in other brands of PC eg HP, Compaq

Does anyone have any idea on this as i urgently need to install the software on a DELL PC.

many many thanks : )

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a problem that I have encountered or seen reported. It does not cover this issue but have you looked at the topic on my site about installing RH? Maybe there's something about the way you install although I cannot think what that could be.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again,

full details of the error msg that i encounter is as follow:

"Error 1933. The Windows Installer service cannot update one or more protected Windows files."

in the Installshield Wizard, the bar stop running at the file "c\... \Microsoft Shared\DAO\dao3032.dll"

not sure if this provide more clues.

thanks a lot again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It makes me wonder, Do you have permissions for the file and folders it is in? Not sure.

I would be asking if you are the user of RH rather than being an IT person installing it and if you are, that you definitely have admin rights. However, you say you have installed it on other makes of PC.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like Microsoft Office 2000 has the same issue. Try taking a look at their document on this issue:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314812/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, that cites "CAUSE This issue may occur if Microsoft Windows system files are missing or are corrupted."

It would help if you post back whether or not the suggested fixes work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This may not help but I had trouble installing an old version of RoboHelp (v.8) on a new Dell computer with Windows XP and the culprit was the DAO. It seems RH wanted to install an older version and wouldn't work with the new one. I did find a workaround but can't track it down now. I'll look into it more if you are actually installing an older version of RoboHelp. Which version are you using?

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 08, 2006 Jun 08, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I'm using RH x3.1 and downloaded trial copy of RH x5. The DELL PCs that I tried rejected both versions. but indeed, I'm using Office 2000 Professional. (i'm not from the IT dep)

many thanks to all of u!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp