• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Builder + WTP = "Export Release Build" Broken

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2010 Nov 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I create a combined Flex/Java project and then click the "Export Release Build..." menu, then nothing appears to happen. If I just create a plain Flex project, then it works just fine.

I used the Eclipse Plug-in installer 4.0.1 (build 277662) for Windows XP SP3.

I am running the bundled 3.4.2 version of Eclpse and installed Subclipse and the WTP plugin.

I eventually looked through the Eclipse workspace log file and found the following stack trace. If anyone can offer me any suggestions on how to get this working I would appreciate it.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 2010-11-11 15:54:01.577
!MESSAGE Unhandled event loop exception
!STACK 0
java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.adobe.flexbuilder.exportimport.releaseversion.ui.ExportReleaseVersionProjectAndLocationPage.getDefaultOutputFolderPath(ExportReleaseVersionProjectAndLocationPage.java:485)
    at com.adobe.flexbuilder.exportimport.releaseversion.ui.ExportReleaseVersionProjectAndLocationPage.createLocationControls(ExportReleaseVersionProjectAndLocationPage.java:399)
    at com.adobe.flexbuilder.exportimport.releaseversion.ui.ExportReleaseVersionProjectAndLocationPage.createControl(ExportReleaseVersionProjectAndLocationPage.java:702)
    at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.Wizard.createPageControls(Wizard.java:170)
    at com.adobe.flexbuilder.exportimport.releaseversion.ui.ExportReleaseVersionWizard.createPageControls(ExportReleaseVersionWizard.java:471)
    at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.createPageControls(WizardDialog.java:669)
    at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.createContents(WizardDialog.java:543)
    at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.create(Window.java:431)
    at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog.create(Dialog.java:1089)
    at com.adobe.flexbuilder.exportimport.releaseversion.ExportReleaseVersionAction$1.run(ExportReleaseVersionAction.java:93)
    at com.adobe.flexbuilder.exportimport.releaseversion.ExportReleaseVersionAction.run(ExportReleaseVersionAction.java:103)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PluginAction.runWithEvent(PluginAction.java:251)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WWinPluginAction.runWithEvent(WWinPluginAction.java:229)
    at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:583)
    at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:500)
    at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$6.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:452)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1003)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3823)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3422)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2384)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2348)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2200)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:495)
    at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:288)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:490)
    at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:113)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:193)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:386)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:549)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:504)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1236)

Thanks,

Chris Ward

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 12, 2010 Nov 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

Are you using Flash Builder "Burrito"? The stack trace seems outdated to me.

Thanks,

-Sedat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2010 Nov 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't believe I'm using the Burrito build, as I thought that was still considered experimental. I downloaded the installer from here:

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=flash_builder

It looks like I downloaded the installer on October 8th, and as I said in the original post the version listed in Help -> About is: 4.0.1 (build 277662)

If you need me to check anything else, just let me know. In order to work around the problem for the moment, I made an Ant build file to export releases, which I would have probably wanted to do anyway. Still, it would be good to figure out what is causing the problem.

Thanks,

Chris Ward

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2010 Nov 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I was able to reproduce this issue with  Eclipse 3.6 and burrito build.

When I create a flex/java project I am not able to export the release build and the null pointer exception occurs.

But when I create the flex/java project with remote object service as LCDS export worked fine.

Also export of normal project is worked fine. I  raised a bug http://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FB-29046 for the same

I am  attaching the logs here

ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 2010-11-17 10:52:09.360
!MESSAGE Unhandled event loop exception
!STACK 0
java.lang.NullPointerException
at  com.adobe.flexbuilder.exportimport.releaseversion.ui.ExportReleaseVersionMainPageContent.getDefaultOutputFolderPath(ExportReleaseVersionMainPageContent.java:581)
at  com.adobe.flexbuilder.exportimport.releaseversion.ui.ExportReleaseVersionMainPageContent.createLocationControls(ExportReleaseVersionMainPageContent.java:282)
at  com.adobe.flexbuilder.exportimport.releaseversion.ui.ExportReleaseVersionMainPageContent.createControls(ExportReleaseVersionMainPageContent.java:193)
at  com.adobe.flexbuilder.exportimport.releaseversion.ui.ExportReleaseVersionProjectAndLocationPage.createControl(ExportReleaseVersionProjectAndLocationPage.java:188)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.updateForPage(WizardDialog.java:1226)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.access$4(WizardDialog.java:1218)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog$6.run(WizardDialog.java:1207)
at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:70)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.showPage(WizardDialog.java:1205)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.nextPressed(WizardDialog.java:894)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.buttonPressed(WizardDialog.java:426)
at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog$2.widgetSelected(Dialog.java:624)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:234)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1053)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4066)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3657)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:825)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:801)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.WizardHandler$Export.executeHandler(WizardHandler.java:98)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.WizardHandler.execute(WizardHandler.java:274)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.HandlerProxy.execute(HandlerProxy.java:293)
at org.eclipse.core.commands.Command.executeWithChecks(Command.java:476)
at org.eclipse.core.commands.ParameterizedCommand.executeWithChecks(ParameterizedCommand.java:508)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.HandlerService.executeCommand(HandlerService.java:169)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.SlaveHandlerService.executeCommand(SlaveHandlerService.java:241)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.actions.CommandAction.runWithEvent(CommandAction.java:157)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.actions.CommandAction.run(CommandAction.java:171)
at org.eclipse.ui.actions.ExportResourcesAction.run(ExportResourcesAction.java:116)
at org.eclipse.ui.actions.BaseSelectionListenerAction.runWithEvent(BaseSelectionListenerAction.java:168)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:584)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:501)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:411)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1053)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4066)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3657)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2640)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2604)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2438)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$7.run(Workbench.java:671)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)

Thanks and Regards

Swathi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2010 Nov 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I selected Java/EE for the application server type and unchecked the box for "Use remote object access service" because I'm not using any of those technologies. So based on what you said, the problem seems to be related to that choice.

Thanks,

Chris Ward

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines