• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2010 Oct 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting this error and it is frustrating me. I need to access this book for my class and still have not gotten it. I have paid money for it and would like to use it sometime....

I installed this program on my friends computer and accessed the book. At the time, that was the only place I could download the book and read it. Now I would like to switch it to my computer so that I can do my homework and assignments at my place. I have looked and tried and everything you can ever imagine to fix it, but I still get the same error.

Please help!

TOPICS
Install ADE

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 04, 2010 Nov 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well I'm actually having the same trouble with my new ebook purchased. Help please !!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2010 Nov 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have almost the same problem. I bought an e-book and opened it in unauthorised ADE. After a day or two i remembered to authorise ADE so i did. However, i'm not allowed to open my e-book now.

Does anyone have a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2010 Nov 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER is a result of:

- Downloading and associating book downloads with DigitalEdition and not having an AdobeID. (It get associated with an anonymous account)

- After creating a AdobeID the book can not be read with this new ID (It is already fulfilled with another anonumous user!)

+ So best thing to do is to remove the book, and ask the book seller a new download opportunity and associate the book with this new AdobeID.

So there is perfect logic to have this error. Adobe wil not solve this problem for you. Please contact the bookstore/bookseller!

We can complain about it but there is has no use: This is the digital book world, yes it would never happen with paperbooks. They never fall out of the shelves, but can not be copied that easy

Good luck, and have fun with your e-readers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2011 Apr 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting the same message on

my computer.

I have 2 books on ADE but can't seem to add any more.

I have quite a few books in my kobo library, but that's as far as they get.

I don't know what to do.

Can anyone help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 17, 2011 Apr 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well I'm not sure completly but I've seen somewhere that message was caused by an unappropriate download or validation.

you should contact who sold you the ebook to solve. i did it to my e-seller and seems was the correct procedure. I'm in italy so i still await for result but you may be more lucky else where.

sent thru my iPad

Il giorno 17/apr/2011, alle ore 07:54, gypsygirl14 <forums@adobe.com> ha scritto:

I am getting the same message on

my computer.

I have 2 books on ADE but can't seem to add any more.

I have quite a few books in my kobo library, but that's as far as they get.

I don't know what to do.

Can anyone help?

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2011 Apr 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2011 Apr 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I am getting the error 'Error getting License: License server communication problem: E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER' when opening Adobe Digital Editions."

This error message is a result of a several different issues:

1. User has installed an Adobe ID on more than one machine
  2. User has modified the clocks on their computer
  3. User has modified their account from a "Do Not Authorize" to an "Adobe Activated ID"
  4. User has uninstalled and re-installed Adobe Digital Editions, but the installation is not being completely removed from the computer.

Resolution: Follow these steps:

1. Uninstall Adobe Digital Editions using one of these two methods:
    • Start > Programs > Adobe > Adobe Digital Editions > Uninstall
    • Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add Remove Programs
  2. Initiate Uninstall
  3. In order to remove all remnants of Adobe Digital Editions / Adobe Adept from the machine a "Registry Edit" will need to be performed:
    • Start > Run > Regedit
  4. Search for HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Adobe > Adept and Delete the full "Adept" folder
  5. Remove only the structures that are under the "SOFTWARE" extensions. This will remove the Adobe ID / License and Activation Keys
  6. Clear any outstanding tasks that may be associated to Adobe Digital Editions downloads
    • C:\data\my digital editions
    • C:\my documents\my digital editions
  7. Delete any documents within these folders:
    • Restore > Tasks
    • Restore > Failed
  8. Re-install Adobe Digital Editions

This is the information I came across on the forums--hope it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2011 Apr 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2011 Nov 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did try the exact steps you outlined. reinstalled, reactivated, and still unable to download my books from local library. I have been downloading books for over a year and never had this issue before upgrading my ADE.  I have struck out with Adobe support too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2011 Nov 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have an Adobe ID? Have you reactivated your Adobe Digital

Editions with the Adobe ID? Did you use your Adobe ID when borrowing

e-books from your local library?

Perhaps the links to the books you borrowed are old--you will need to

get your library to refresh them.

My problem is that I used one e-mail ID as an Adobe ID and a second

one (for one site) when I bought e-books. Hence the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2015 Aug 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you reach Adobe Support?  I can not seem to find a phone number or a way to chat with adobe support.  I, like everyone on this site, am frustrated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 19, 2015 Aug 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Support was no help....they told me to go to the forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2015 Aug 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you use Twitter? I received tweets, texts & emails but not until I used the Twitter as suggested.

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2016 Sep 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for suggesting this resolution. It worked like magic and now I have my ebook on my computer. Happy with the outcome. Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also getting the E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER error!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much. But I didn't understand point n. 5, and i didn't find folders "Restore", "Tasks" and "Failed".

Thank you very much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did you find the restore> tasks and restore> failed folders and also where did you find the C:\data\my digital editions, C:\my documents\my digital editions folders?

I'm facing the same issue but am unable to solve it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried again. It works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2015 May 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I contacted the bookseller (kobo) and they said it is nothing to do with them it is an issue with Adobe.

I replied back with the information I have found on these forums because I have re-downloaded old books with no issue and also bought a new one from waterstones to double check and they all worked fine.  I have also told kobo this and am awaiting their result.  I told them to sort it or give a full refund.....now wait and see

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 10, 2015 May 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe this issue is actually an Adobe issue.  I just gave a week of my life to attempting to download public library books to my Kobo. I, too, thought about returning my Kobo.  However, it came from Japan via ebay...and would have cost as much as I spent to return it to Japanese seller!  Anyway, I've found that the Kobo help people have superior IQs to those at Adobe.

Can't tell you how many Adobe chats I've attempted.  After I carefully describe my situation, I'll get something like, "May I know if you are having trouble signing in to Adobe?"   Arggh!  Can't tell you how many times I've been told to reset my password!

Anyway, this Error message about another user is definitely tied into the option that ADE gives you to sign in w/o authorizing your computer.  Then when you try to sync with your eReader, you can not. I've been successful with what was described above, namely, uninstalling Adobe completely and signing into a new download with a totally different ID and password.  It's all extremely frustrating and part of living in this crazy world.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2015 Dec 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quote: "The problem E_LIC_ALREADY_FULFILLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER is a result of:

- Downloading and associating book downloads with DigitalEdition and not having an AdobeID. (It get associated with an anonymous account)

- After creating a AdobeID the book can not be read with this new ID (It is already fulfilled with another anonumous user!)

+ So best thing to do is to remove the book, and ask the book seller a new download opportunity and associate the book with this new AdobeID.

So there is perfect logic to have this error. Adobe wil not solve this problem for you. Please contact the bookstore/bookseller!"

There's just one problem.  What if the ebook provider is your library and they have no clue how to fix this issue?

Any suggestions to fix this issue when you've got a faceless., non-techy library workers who know nothing about how this system works to help you "redownload the ACSM fi;e" but the system is done automatically through their library portal?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2014 Mar 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My computer with ADE died. I have a new computer, new install of ADE and could not authorized. I de-authorized and reauthorized. When I attempt to get my book from the library I get the dreaded E_LIC_ALEADY_FULLED_BY_ANOTHER_USER.

How do I get access to my authorized content?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2014 Aug 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the same problem.

All that is not acceptable: first, I've paid with "good" money; second, I often need to change my computer...what should I do? Reset all the licences of my ebooks? Install/unistall, registry keys edit...this is a bad approach. If this is the drm solution to garantee sellers (and not buyers!), I'll be back to paper, or - better - I'll borrow the book from a library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2015 May 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solution:

1. Open Adobe Digital Editions.
  2. Press Control-Shift-D (Windows) or Shift-Command-D (Mac OS) to deauthorize Adobe Digital Editions.
  3. Choose Help > Authorize Adobe Digital Editions with you Adobe account ID(e-mail) and pass.
  4. Open your document

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines