Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Links to Design-Time controls not working

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2010 Nov 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

This is a bit historic but years ago when using robohelp to generate hlp files I used to create links from piece of text to to a see also control that was hidden thus enabling see also links from the text.

When I upgraded to generate HTML help (chm files) this still worked even though I could not work out how to recrete it uisng the UI of Robohelp. I was able to copy and paste stuff and modify the HTML so that I could create similar links.

I have just upgraded to Robohelp 8 and these links no longer work. I get the following error:

`An error has occured in the script on this page`

The links work when compiled in version 7

Below is a sample of the code for the link

Robohelp 8

<a href="javascript:RelatedTopic1.Click()" class="popuplk">Set up I/O modules</a>

Robohelp 7 (works)

<a href="javascript:RelatedTopic1.Click()" class="popuplk">Set up I/O modules</a>

Code looks the same.

Would be grateful for any help on how to fix this, or an alternative method.

Tim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 13, 2010 Nov 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tim

Please, PLEASE, PLEASE (did I say please?)

I'm really hopeful that folks will flood Adobe with Bug Reports on this issue. I discovered it early on with using RoboHelp HTML 8 (before the patches were even a twinkle in Adobe's eye) that they broke this. I reported it. Two patches later it STILL hasn't been fixed.

Basically what is happening here is that RoboHelp is no longer supplying the identifier for the control. When you look at the resulting code, you see it has no ID parameter as earlier versions used to supply.

Thinking back about this, I seem to recall that Praful may have supplied a script you could use in RoboHelp 8 to fix these. I'll have to go look and if I find it, I'll post back with a link to the thread.

Link to the Bug Report is in my sig line.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 moments from now - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcererStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 13, 2010 Nov 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

Okay, found the thread. Linked below. Note that it's rather long so you will need to read through it!

Click here to view

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 moments from now - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcererStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2010 Nov 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Rick.

I actually found the discussion just after I possted this. That wha tyou get when you try to sort something like this nout on a Friday afternoon. I tried all the suggested fixes, and none worked.

Thanks for the script when do I run it? Will it make permanet changes to the code? or will the changes be lost when I edit the topic in design view.

Thanks again

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp