• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I am encountering an error with Quiz Manager

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2008 Apr 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I create my quiz and quiz questions, click OK to insert them, I receive the following message:"Adobe has encountered an unexpected problem while working with this presentation.  Try saving your work to a new file and restarting Power Point." I have tried doing what the message says and I am still getting this message.  When I click OK on the message and go back to my Quiz Manager, my quiz and all the questions are gone.  I am using Presenter 6.2.  Can anybody help me solve this?
TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 15, 2008 May 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pam,

I get something similar. At my company we use Presenter 6.1 and Office 2002 (XP). We had no problems until the updated 6.1 version was installed as 6.0 had bugs when writing data back to an LMS. I have reported this to Adobe as we have a maintenance agreement with them and I'll share any info I can when they come back to me. Incidentally, have you tried creating a blank presentation not using any PowerPoint tempaltes, save it then add a quiz?

James

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just tried it on my home PC which runs Vista, Office 2003 and Presenter 6.1 and get the same problem. If a presentation is blank you can insert a quiz if the prsentation uses a design template you get the error message. I wonder if a Microsoft update has caused this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully you will find solutions to all these problems but upgrading to Presenter 7 next week.

Jorma@RealEyes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2009 Jun 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We installed Presenter 7 last month (never used it before), and are still having this problem. Does anyone know if there's a solution yet, or do we need to use the workaround of creating the quiz in a blank presentation and then importing it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 22, 2008 May 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While adding a Quiz or Question , we need to make sure that a slide is selected before we add Quiz /Question .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2009 Jun 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me.

Even if I don't use any Quiz. Powerpoint crash when I close it, it says something about the Presenter quiz dll.

Presenter 7.02

Powerpoint XP with all the patches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2009 Jul 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all,

I had the same problem here in France...

This software is like a child born after 5 months !!!!

But...After 10 hours looking for a solution, i finally found something interesting.

Go the Quiz Manager, modify the quiz you want, click OK and then, before you re-click on OK, go to the last tab"Appearance".

So, once you're there, click on Apply Formatting To All Existing Quizzes AND "unclick" it before you click on OK. That's so stupid I know, but that's the only way I found to make it work!!

Good luck!

Bnicolino

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 13, 2009 Jul 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am having exactly the same problem and when it crashes after I have accessed the quiz manager section it removes all of the audio from my presentation.  I have Adobe Presenter 7 and have done the 2 new patch updates...

Has anyone found a solution???

I spoke to Adobe and they said that it is just a fault with the compatability of Powerpoint/Adobe Presenter and to deal with it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 13, 2009 Jul 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am having the exact same problem and after the crash, all of the audio has been removed from my presentation.

I am using Adobe presenter 7 and have done the 2 updates but problem is still there....

Has any one found a solution?

Jess

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2009 Nov 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am continuing to have this exact problem. I have Adobe 6.2 and have the same problem with both

PPT 2003 and PPT 2007. Has anyone found a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2010 Nov 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All

It has been a while since anyone posted anything regarding this error message.  Has anyone found a fix yet?  I am in the process of updating 33 quizzes and half of them now have this error.   I am using Presenter 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 15, 2010 Nov 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do upgrade to the latest version of Presenter 7 which is 7.0.6 and then try out this scenario. You can download the updates by going to Adobe Presenter>Help>Updates

Do report your observations and whether your issue gets resolved or not

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2010 Dec 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had never gotten this message before, but using 7.0.6 on an up to date Win7 box with Office 2010, I do. It appears to have started when I added a stock template to a very simple presentation. Adobe and Microsoft products trying to work together...a recipe for failure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 17, 2010 Dec 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will be out of the office starting 17/12/2010 and will not return until

04/01/2011.

I will be out of the office on annual leave.

During this time I will have no access to my emails. If your matter is

urgent please see details of who to contact in my absence.

20-22 December: Sonia Savage or Carmen Shields

22-24 December: Sonia Savage

29 December: Carmen Shields

30 December: Sonia Savage

31 December: I will be contactable on 07826921970

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2011 Mar 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might be a PowerPoint theme, remove the theme. Convert the theme into an image and then put it onto the master slide instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2011 Jul 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our training dept was experiencing the same issue, I tried to research and find a solution.

I also attempted to apply the options in the various posts with no success.

The solution that we have come accross that best works is to un-install / re-install presenter.

hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2012 Jan 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I experienced all kinds of errors with the quizes. Crashing, unable to save, the same error message over and over again. "Adobe has encountered an unexpected problem while working with this presentation.  Try saving your work to a new file and restarting Power Point." What I learned, and I think the people at Adobe are aware of this is that you cannot CUT & PASTE text into the quiz manager. If you do you will get errors.

ALWAYS type in your quiz questions. After I started doing this, the errors and crashes never happened again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 11, 2012 Jan 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HI,

Can you share the screen shot of the message you are seeing.

Please share the presentation or the steps to reproduce it. Also from which source is the content being CUT and pasted?

Thanks,

pavkumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources