• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH8 Import from Word- Table size

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2010 Nov 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I import a doc from Word into RH8, and then generate the project, the tables come in the fixed size they were in Word, and do not expand to the screen size. I changed the table size in the HTML to 100% (the tables expanded nicely) but now the ends of long lines of text in the table are cut off, instead of just moving to the next line.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 15, 2010 Nov 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The client I'm working with is avoiding using tables in Word docs they plan to import in to RoboHelp because of bad experiences in RH7, so I haven't tried it in RH8. Just a thought; not sure if it will work - Can you get the table to look as you want by applying a Table style in RH after the import?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both try this, may or may not work, depends on the document.

Create a new project and import the Word document.

Click in a table and go to Table > Table Style and select the table to be applied. Make sure you tick the Clean Styles option.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for the suggestion, but no it didn't work. I tried a sample doc and I have the problem of missing text at the end of the line in the table, when: I import a table with a table style and when I import one without a table style, when I tick Clean Styles and when I don't, and finally, both when I expand the table after I import it to RH and when I don't.

As I had said, the text hangs off the cells of the table only in the Web Help, while in the CHM, my efforts to expand the table to 100%, expanded the table nicely, but the text does not spread out to the extended width of the table.

Any ideas? TIA.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2010 Nov 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

See the Contact page on my site. Send me the document and a screenshot of the problem you see.

As you are only sending a document and a screenshot, it's OK to attach them to the email. Include a link to this thread.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp