• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Left-aligning lists

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2006 Jun 08, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a style for procedural steps called ProcStep. It's simply a numbered list with paragraph formatting above and below and the left-margin set to 0. However, when the style is applied, the numbered list is indented (the default). I want the numbers to be aligned with the left margin. Right now I am telling writers to click the Decrease Indent button but I really would like to eliminate this step by aligning it in the style itself. I tried modifying the "lists" style as well but with no luck. Any info is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Charlotte

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take a look at the code. It may be that the ordered list does not have the correct class assigned like <ol class="ProcStep"></ol>. My experience has been that using a separate editor (Dreamweaver) makes it easier to control the html code and keep it clean than when trying to edit within RoboHelp.

Another possibility may be that the style sheet default.css (or whatever yours is named) does not have the properties for the ordered list set up the way you expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Esch - I usually do not edit the true code and therefore am not sure what I'm looking for. This is the ordered list: I'm not sure where the <ol class="ProcStep"></ol> would go:

<ol>

<li style="margin-left: -20px;"
class=kadov-p-CProcStep><p class=ProcStep>Step one of procedure</p></li>

<li style="margin-left: -20px;"
class=kadov-p-CProcStep><p class=ProcStep>Step two of procedure
followed by a table listing of fields:</p></li>

</ol>

The .css sheet entry for ProcStep says:

P.ProcStep {
list-style: decimal;
margin-left: 0in;
margin-bottom: 3pt;

Any input appreciated - thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
The ProcStep style is affecting the P tag, BUT it's wrapped within the OL tag, which is an HTML element.

See Snippet 50 at Peter Grainge's site.

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp