• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HELP!! Robohelp 8 locks up when I click import after installing Flashplayer 10.1.102.64.

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2010 Nov 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Robohelp 8 was working fine before I installed Flashplayer 10.1.102.64.  After the installation, I cannot import any documents.  My project is on my c: drive.  I've tried the following:  deleted the .cpd and .xpj files and opened the project with the .hhp file.  I created a new project and the same thing happens with the new project.  I have four projects and this problem happens with all of them.  I do not have this problem if I open the project in RoboHelp 5.

I converted to Robohelp 8 in January 2021.  Any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated.

PS.  I am the only one accessing the Robohelp projects.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You probably meant January 2010. January 2021 is about 11 years into the future.

PS any way to go back a version on Flash?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are so right. Talk about forward thinking

Thanks,

Sandra R. Rodgers

Senior Technical Writer/Editor

Automotive Finance Division

Office: (501) 220-5519

Sandra.Rodgers@fisglobal.com 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled and tried to install an earlier version but I am getting "The installation encountered errors:" message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2010 Nov 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think I have seen anyone report this before and it is more an issue to resolve with Adobe.

Maybe trying to use RevoUninstaller would help. Enlist the support of your IT people if in any doubt about how to use it. It will clear out more than the standard uninstall.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2010 Nov 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you.

Thanks,

Sandra R. Rodgers

Senior Technical Writer/Editor

Automotive Finance Division

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp