• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using map ids with TOC page that link to web addresses

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2008 Nov 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ultimately I am trying to use context senstive help from an application to my RoboHelp project. However, I have a RH project with several TOC pages that link to a web address and it doesn't appear that I can assign a map id to a TOC page that links to a web address. Is this true? If so, is there a work around? I would rather just link to the document than to have to import it to the project.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 19, 2008 Nov 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, srtr4k,

If this is compiled HTML Help (.chm), you can achieve what you want by adding a topic file like the one below and mapping it to the context integer. When this topic loads, it automatically redirects to the specified Web page.

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 15, 2010 Nov 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pete,

I am having the same issue. Could you please show how to add the topic file as I cannot seem to find anything in the post?

Thank you.

Jennifer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jennifer

You are replying to a post that occurred two years ago.

Basically what you do is to create a blank topic. Map that topic like any other. Then configure that topic so it redirects to the desired URL by amending the behind the scenes HTML code.

Essentially you insert the following line among your META information:

<meta HTTP-EQUIV=refresh CONTENT="0;URL=http://www.pathtotopic.htm">

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 moments from now - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcererStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Rick.

Yeah I have seen that and was hoping someone could help. I have tried the code. It does take you to that url but only after showing the topic contents first. Is there a way to make it show the webpage directly?

Thanks again for your help.

Jennifer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp