• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Word document links not functioning

Participant ,
Nov 14, 2010 Nov 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I am using RH HTML, version 8.  I have a topic that uses an existing Word document as content.  The existing Word document contains links to other documents. When I link to the Word document in RH, the links in the Word document do not function.  When I view the topic in the generated output (MS HTML Help), there are icons where the other documents are placed (these icons indicate the type of document - another Word document, an Excel doc and such).  However, when I click on the icons, no actions occur.

When I open the Word document using Word, the icons appear in Word.  When I click the icon the other document opens.  I believe these other documents were inserted as objects.

Is there a way to get these links to function?

When I create the topic in RH, I use 'create copy and link'.

Any help would be appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 16, 2010 Nov 16, 2010

I don't think that can be done as the link feature is not designed to autolink to other documents just because the first document has links.

Not sure if it would work if you linked both, even if you kept their relative path relationship.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2010 Nov 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think that can be done as the link feature is not designed to autolink to other documents just because the first document has links.

Not sure if it would work if you linked both, even if you kept their relative path relationship.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 16, 2010 Nov 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Peter -

Thanks for your quick reply - I thought this might be the case, but just wanted to verify.

Tina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp