• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I show the anchor text instead of the link in a pdf?

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2010 Nov 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Adobe Acrobat 7 to create a PDF.

I'm creating hyperlinks inside the PDF that link to Web links.

When the reader hovers over the text I want the anchor text to pop-up
instead of the Web link. How is this done?

For example:

If someone hovers their mouse over the text "click here for info" and

...I want "click here for info" to pop-up instead of "http://www.hyperlinkforinfo..com"

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 04, 2010 Nov 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you can observe by a look-see at Acrobat's Link Tool dialog, there is no facility for adding a "tool tip" or an alternate text description.

Nor can such be provided upfront in an authoring file and migrated into the output PDF.

While a properly developed Tagged PDF supports providing Alternate Text description for the <Link> element this is focused to AT applications.

Typically, entered Alt Text for the <Link> element will not "display" on screen ala "tool tip" idea.

Keep in mind that the feature set associated with a PDF link annotation is not at all the same as what is associated with HTML elements.

PDF (ISO 3200-1) and HTML (any flavor or 'recommendation') are rather different creatures.

Be well...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2010 Nov 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I do is I create a word doc first, which contains the link, then save as pdf... and ta da!  Links in the ebook!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 16, 2010 Nov 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try this:

<a href="http://www.hyperlinkforinfo..com" title="click here for info">chapter two</a>

It's the title tag that you want.  This will give it that hoover over that you're looking for

Kenney Loves Life

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines