• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 8 running on W7 via Parallels on Mac

Contributor ,
Nov 19, 2010 Nov 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a new MacBook Pro (i7 - 4GB RAM) and have W7 working as a virtual machine via Parallels with 1GB RAM assigned to the VM. I've had no issues with this, until I needed to look at a RoboHelp project.

Adding books or pages to the TOC, changing any of the SSL output settings, editing the HTML is so slow as to make RH impossible to use. All other members of TCS 2 work ok.

I know someone else who has had the same issues. Is there any way around this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am no hardware expert but if that means RoboHelp only has access to 1gb of memory, I'm not surprised it is running slowly. Whilst it is the minimum spec, minimum is just that.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Peter,

Thanks for that. Looks like I'll have to upgrade the Mac memory then, as I've tried with 1.5GB RAM with no difference. Parallels doesnt recommend much over that with my current setup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp