Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using CTRL+Mouse Click as Action

Nov 19, 2010 Nov 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recorded a s/w simulation where I want the user to follow a sequence of keystrokes to ensure comprehension. I came across one sequence which I cannot get to work. I go into properties of the click box and select Actions>Shortcuts to record the key sequence CTRL + Left Mouse click but it does not record the CTRL key when combined with the mouse click. If I use CTRL plus some other keyboard key it works fine. Currently using the mouse click alone will allow the user to go to the next step but in the s/w this will not work so could be misleading.

Does anyone know how to overcome this hurdle or if it is a s/w limitation do you have any suggestions to mitigate it? I was thinking of having the key sequence as a test question to ensure those taking the course absorbed the information.

I found another thread a couple of years ago where it sounded like it was not possible but was curious if things have changed as I am using Captivate 5.

Thanks

Roshan

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2010 Nov 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Roshan,

The "CTRL+Mouse Click " can't be used as shortcut key for a click box in Captivate 5.

Thanks,

Subhransu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 27, 2010 Nov 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the response.

Roshan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources