• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dynamic text format

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2006 Jun 08, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi i have a coldfusion website which has static text on a page, i want this text to be editable when the administrator logs in

if i have column in my table for the text and display it, it will not be formated ie bold font etc

is there a way of doing this?
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2006 Jun 09, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are trying to avoid the use of a database to modify the content of a website the other option would be using <CFFILE> and <CFDIRECTORY>. You could have a folder which contains text files and the CF document would simply include them into the table's column. To edit the static text files you could just list the files with <CFDIRECTORY> and then use a form with <CFFILE> to edit the files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 09, 2006 Jun 09, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
You should check out web based WYSIWYG editors, that's likely what you need if I am reading your post correcly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation