• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Record Mode Failure

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2006 Jun 08, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the craziest thing - I'll set up to record, click the record button, the program does its countdown thing (...4...3...2...1) and then, instead of capturing anything, it drops back to the original Captivate startup interface. Has anyone else had this experience?
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 10, 2006 Jun 10, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Gman3000 and welcome to our community

Yes, I've seen it. Happens occasionally with PCs and Students in my classes. Seems the "fix", if you will, is to simply restart Captivate. Sometimes even restart Windows.

By the way, I couldn't help but notice you are referring to the countdown. This indicates you are recording audio at the same time as you are recording the movie. Feel free to do what you want, but I would feel remiss if I didn't point out that this won't garner you the best results. Best results will occur by recording your audio as a separate process after you have recorded your movie. Actually, this is the way the motion picture industry does things. They always treat the audio as a separate process. I'm just guessing here that maybe they learned a thing or two about it and that's why they do it this way. ;)

Cheers... Rick 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2006 Jun 21, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same thing. Sometimes I click 'record' and it just goes back to the launch interface.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2006 Jun 21, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I have exactly the same thing. Sometimes I click 'record' and it just goes back to the launch interface.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources