Expand my Community achievements bar.

Annoying problem with 'preview' function in ES2

Level 1

When I am working with a form in Designer & I click "preview" the program returns the message, "Your current security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded".  And then the program has to be 'forced quit' to stop. I did create a new account and open the form and the preview works in it, but I have a pretty established profile so the thought of re-copying everything to a new one is not appealing.

At this point I am at a bit of a loss and I don't know what else to do. Any ideas gurus???

Rick

14 Replies

Former Community Member

Is the preview source .xml file on a file share or accessed via a URL?

Steve

Former Community Member

Hi,  Even i'm facing the same issue.. and looking for concrete solutions on it.  Regards, Hemant Garg

Level 2

Hi all,

I'm having the same problem, it's really annoying.

Who knows a solutions for this?

Thanks.

Kristof

Former Community Member

What is the default PDF viewer (Acrobat or Reader)?

What is the version of Acrobat or Reader?

Steve

Level 2

My default viewer is Acrobat Pro version 9.4.1

Kristof

Level 1

This problem is related to the Users folder. When I create a new user I no longer receive the error message.

Former Community Member

My Default Viewer is Acrobat X and i'm getting this error after installing Acrobat X from the same Account.. Regards, Hemant

Level 1

Hi,

Can someone please try the following

1. Launch Acrobat and go to Edit > Preferences > Internet.

2. Uncheck the box “Display PDF in browser”.

3. In LiveCycle Designer try to preview a form. After a few seconds the form should open in Acrobat in a new window.

4. Check the box “Display PDF in browser” again.

5. Try a preview in Designer again.

As I don't have the problem I can't try this myself. Does it help?

Thanks

Former Community Member

Hello, we have encountered the same problem, you can find solution here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2506343/en-us. Try to delete the "parasite zone" and the PDF preview should work.

JFO

Level 2

No,

This makes matters worse. it turns off the PDF preview tab in LiveCycle designer.

I think there is either a bug or a virus. but if it is a virus, it should behave the same on all account profiles!. I am experiencing the problem on one account and not the others on the same PC!

D N Sakwa

Sakwa@darlingtonsakwa.com

Level 1

Hey, thanks for trying this. Yes, unchecking the box will turn off the preview tab in Designer in the way that if you click on it it should say "Navigation to the webpage was canceled" and the file you want to preview should open in a seperate Acrobat window. After checking the box again the preview should open in Designer. If that doesn't work for you, have you tried what JFO suggested above, adjusting the registry? The subkey which needs to be modified can be found unter HKEY_CURRENT_USER which might be why you are experiencing the problem with one user but not the others.

Cheers,

Jenny

Level 2

What operating system are you using? I recently discovered that when running Win 7 and AAP 9.4.1, the Adobe Reader cannot be Adobe Reader X (this will cause LiveCycle to crash) either you must revert back to Adobe Reader 9.4 or you must purchase the upgrade of Adobe Acrobat Pro X.  hope this was helpful.

Level 1

Please note that you can install Acrobat and Reader on the same computer, but Adobe Technical Support does not recommend this configuration for versions prior to Acrobat/Reader X.

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/332/332838.html

http://blogs.adobe.com/pdfitmatters/2011/03/installing-acrobat-x-and-reader-x-on-the-same-machine.ht...