• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Getting the mapID html link to do what I want...

Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2010 Nov 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks...this may seem like a very narrow question, but, here goes.

http://support.myhalpsite.com/en/HalpHalpGuide/Halp_Guide_csh.htm#topicid=HG01010101

is the mapID link I've created. What I'm trying to do is set that link up so it shows the full navigation pane in addition to the article. Right now it links straight to the article without the "Show" link coming up. I don't know what the proper HTML is to make sure that the full browser site navigation appears when the mapID is clicked.

http://support.myhalpsite.com/en/HalpHalpGuide/Halp_Guide_#Chapter_1_-_Introduction_to_Halp/1.1_Halp...

...will automatically do what I want it to do; I'm hoping someone has a bit of HTML code miracle that has the same result as the second HTML link, only with a mapID.

Is there a command that can be included in the link that will automatically take the user to the link that says "Show" still using the mapID number? We really want the mapID function to work, but with the inclusion of the nav bars without forcing the user to click "SHOW" to see the full site navigation setup.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

If you are already creating hyperlinks to the content, why not use what is outlined in the two links below?

Click here for link number 1

Click here for link number 2

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 moments from now - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcererStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because that's precisely what we do NOT want to use. We do not want a static HTML address; we want a mapID that acts as a dynamic link that I can change on my own without requiring 40 hours or more of work to revise all the links within the application when it changes.

Pretty simply put, I want to be able to call a topic using mapID and have the navbar show up when the topic mapID is called WITHOUT the user clicking "show" at the top of the page.

Is there a way to do this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 23, 2010 Nov 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Read the entire article at http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/calling_webhelp/calling_webhelp.htm (Rick's link two). This also describes how to use MapId's.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp