Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp and Office 2003 suddenly not working

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2006 Jun 08, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I'm working in the IT department for my company. I don't use Robohelp myself, but one of my collegues do.

I'm trying to figure out why his Robohelp with Office 2003 suddenly stopped working. Seems like there may have come an Office update that Robohelp wasn't happy about. But that's a guess.

Symptoms: What we are seeing, is that the RTF file just keeps growing. Up to around 150-200 mb, and then Word stops responding. Just freezes. Before the problem, the file stayed much smaller. The projects are not only new ones, but also older ones, that have been compiled before.

Measures taken so far: We have reinstalled his computer. with a fresh Windows XP. A new Office 2003 with SP2 and other updates. Then Robohelp with all updates. Both X501's and X502.

Is anyone else experiencing this? And better yet, does anyone have a cure?

Thanks - Peter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2006 Jun 09, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd roll back as closely to where the colleague's computer was before this problem occurred. It's very possible that an Office Word update upset things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 09, 2006 Jun 09, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Peter,

Is your project RH for Word, WebHelp, .chm, what?

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2006 Jun 11, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
It's Robohelp for Word.

My collegue seems to have found out, that it has something to do with the graphics format, that some screenshots are stored as in Word. He's experimenting a bit currently, to see exactly what's going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp