• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When will a manual be available for Captivate 5?

Nov 23, 2010 Nov 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm brand new to Captivate and working on a Mac. I thought I would be able to learn how to use it by watching the Captivate 4 video tutorials from Lynda.com, but there are too many differences between Captivate 4 and 5. The tutorials that come with the software and the only two manuals published by third parties on Captivate aren't thorough enough.  When is Adobe planning on publishing a manual for Captivate 5 (i.e. Classroom in a Book)  ????

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Caveat: I've only used the Cp5 trial and haven't read any of the third party Cp5 guides, but I have with Cp4.

By third party manuals are you referring to Iconlogic? Because if you are, and if the Adobe manual for Cp4 are anything to go by, there ain't going to be much in the official guide that you haven't already seen from Iconlogic.

Once you reach the limits of Iconlogic's 'Beyond' guide then the best place to expand your understanding is here, or simply by experimenting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 24, 2010 Nov 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a link to a 9 hour training course for 'Captivate 5'.

http://www.vtc.com/products/Adobe-Captivate-5-Tutorials.htm

And very good it is too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2010 Nov 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

As far as I know, Adobe has never published a book about Captivate like 'Classroom in a book' for other apps.

Lilybiri

PS: I blog about tips for Captivate lilybiri's posterous

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 25, 2010 Nov 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And by my calculation, less than £9 per hour if it lasts 9 hours and sells in the UK for under £80.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources