Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Synonym

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2010 Oct 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I already use the ferramentade Robohelp synonyms to help in searches.
I wonder if you can use these synonyms
to edit a document in Robohelp?

Tks,
Fernanda.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 27, 2010 Oct 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The RoboColum(n)   @robocolumn   Colum McAndrew

Hi Fernanda.

It is not clear what you mean by "edit a document". Synonyms are designed to help with searching to find terms of a similar meaning (e.g. Creating & Adding). You can't use them inside a topic if that is what you mean.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2010 Nov 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish the writers could use a thesaurus to edit files in Robohelp.

We are trying to standardize the terms of documentation, I believed that a dictionary of synonyms would be the best solution.

Tks,

Fernanda.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 16, 2010 Nov 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Although it's not well documented and it's not straightforward to get to, a Synonym list does actually exist in RoboHelp HTML.

To see it, click Tools > Smart Index Wizard and ensure the options for "Find new and existing keywords" and "Topic title and topic text" are selected, then click Next >. On the second screen of the wizard, ensure the option for "Confirm adding index keywords for each topic" is selected and click Next >.

RoboHelp HTML should then begin looking through the topics and should pause and list keywords found. On this dialog, click the Options button and choose Synonyms... from the drop-down list.

tmp1.PNG

This should produce another dialog where you may type a word and locate Synonyms and Antonyms.

tmp2.png

What would be cool is if Adobe were to build in an easier way of obtaining this dialog!

Please consider submitting a Wish Form to ask for this capability to be built in! (Link is in my sig)

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 moments from now - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcererStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2010 Nov 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My version is 8.0.2.208 Robohelp, I already had sought this functionality but not found.
For me the screen appears as follows:

telaRH.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2010 Nov 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I have version 8.0.2.208 of Robohelp. In this version does not have the tool of synonyms?

Tks

Fernanda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you selected an index keyword BEFORE clicking on the Options button?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes..

even selecting the index, not show the option for the thesaurus tool..

tela.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please tell us what your default single source layout is. I don't know if this has any bearing on the issue but would like to check. In the meantime can you check that you do have write access to the project files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I'd personally be surprised to discover that this was related to the layout in any way. I think what I would look at next would be the language settings. Maybe the Synonyms are only available for English or an English setup. As Americans, we tend to be selfish and think the whole world revolves around English.

So questions for you.

Is your RoboHelp an English version? The dialog you are showing us would certainly seem that it is, but thought it worth asking.

In your Project Settings (File > Project Settings) is the language configured for English (US)?

Aside from this I can't really think of anything else to check.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 moments from now - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcererStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well done!

The problem was same the language, my project was in Portuguese, passing to Inglês appeared tool.

It concerns me greatly because the Robohelp tool is not the same for all languages, besides the thesaurus tool, I noticed that

the search engine does not work properly in Portuguese.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too Rick. To be honest I was clutching at straws. Your idea of checking the language setting carries more of a chance of getting to the bottom of this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This tool can be used when html file is edited, or only as index after the project is exported?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have write permission for the project because it is local. The layout is an export chm, moved to web help but has not yet appeared

Tool synonyms

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp