• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Android Camera really choppy on Samsung Galaxy Tab

Nov 17, 2010 Nov 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I'm building an AIR Application for Android devices and I'm using the Camera.

I found a really strange behaviour. When I first start the app and the camera initializes, I get around 1fps(!).

If I then press the home Button and klick on the app icon again, it's all good and I get the full framerate.

This same behaviour also occurs within the Tour de Mobile Flex app when I start the Raw Camera part.

As soon as I press home and then return to the app, everythings fine...

Anybody out there having the same issues and maybe a soulution?

Help is highly apreciated.

Gabor

TOPICS
Development

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 23, 2010 Nov 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for double posting, but I still have no solution for this problem.

Anybody out there experiencing the same issue. Maybe someone with an Android Device could try the "Tour de mobile Flex" App available in the Android market and tell me if the Raw Camera Example works fleuntly on your device.

Kind Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2010 Dec 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just so you don't think you're the only one, we've created an app as well with Adobe Air and we're using the Galaxy Tab as well, and we're getting worse framerates than you!  We're getting about 1 frame every 15 seconds.

I can do the same as you.  I hit the home button, and bring the app back into the foreground, and we get the full framerate back as well.  I do not have a solution either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2010 Dec 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the same trouble !

No way to make it run better than 1fps with horrible slows and lags on the application !

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2010 Dec 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a feeling that this is a Samsung issue more than Adobe.  I've deployed this app to my EVO 4G and to a few Motorola Droids as well, with no slowdown whatsoever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 06, 2011 Jan 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having exactly the same problem. This is not good as I'm working to get an enterprise application rolled out very soon. Is there a way to elevate this somehow to get the attention of someone at the flash team?

I tried changing CPU/GPU modes and that didn't help. I played with the FPS and that didn't change anything either.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jan 07, 2011 Jan 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug is marked fixed (very recently) in the Adobe AIR bug database. The fix should be available in the next release of AIR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fantastic! Now that's how customer service should be done!

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!

Kindest Regards to the Adobe Team!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2011 Jan 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll chime in to for a great big thanks also!  Love it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2012 Feb 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

can you post a link to the bug in the bugtracker? i cant find it, and i have the exact same problems on my galaxy tab and galaxy s2

cheers.robin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines