• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 9 : no sound with .mts files

Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2010 Sep 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a bit of a problem getting my mts/avchd files to work with PE9. I imported the files using the organiser, and they play fine (video AND audio) from the organiser, but when I import the clips into PE9, only video is imported. There's no audio track and (logically?) no audio to be heard. How do I fix this?

Mind, these .mts files play fine in both the organiser AND windows 7. They're created on a Canon HF100 camcorder.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 29, 2010 Sep 29, 2010

The trial version of the PROGRAM itself is fully functional. However, some of the third-party components are not, unfortunately. These include some MPEG and AVCHD components.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That camcorder shoots in 1920x1080 AVCHD with stereo (not 5.1) audio.

Did you select that project preset when you opened your project? As I say in my books, matching your source video to the proper project settings is singularly important in creating a successful project. (My version 9 books includes a chart showing which project settings to use for most video sources.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

Do you have the trial, or the full-paid version?

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trial version, but the product page for the trial says it should be fully functional. Like I said, clips play fine in the organiser too!

ps: I have the full version for PE8 and mts files work fine there!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The trial version of the PROGRAM itself is fully functional. However, some of the third-party components are not, unfortunately. These include some MPEG and AVCHD components.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You did not answer Steve's question about matching your video to your project

Never mind... Steve hit just before me, with notice of some trial limitations

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason that I asked is that some are having issues with MPEG Audio, which the AC3 Audio stream is. Until now, I had always thought that the only limitation of the trial for PrE was just the watermark, but with PrE 9, it seems that there might be some other differences.

Historically, the PrPro trial has had zero MPEG support, due to licensing issues with MainConcept.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My project matches the video input, no problem there. Still, if the trial has these limitations, how on earth am I gonna test the functionality of the program, especially since there's quite some additions when it comes to audio in PE9. Just tried the trial for PE8 and it works fine in that one too, just not in PE9. I'm not planning on spending about 100 euro for an upgrade I'm note sure is woth it. Kinda stupid from Adobe to put this kind of limitation in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said, Lapino. It's not Adobe that's put this limitation on the software. It's the third-party component providers who will only grant activation licenses to registered versions of the product.

On the one hand, if you're able to work with this video in version 8, I can practically guarantee it will work better in version 9!

But on the other hand -- good point. It's a shame you can't actually test it with the trial version. Sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve,

I agree with you on it being a "shame," that 100% of the potential functionality is not in the trail - for everything. That has been a big rub with PrPro trial for years. Going back, PrE only had the watermark (though many hated that route too). There is talk that PrPro is going to go to a watermark, but still do not know how some of the MainConcept, and other suppliers' parts will be handled. Only time will tell.

Now, I believe that I am correct, regarding PrE too, but PrPro has a 30-day money-back guarantee. If one buys the unlimited, full-paid version, they can use it, unrestricted, for up to 30 days. If they are not happy, they can return it for a full refund. I think that it's the same with PrE.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How r u adding clips to Pre( via organizer or using the get media button in the software? I think there is no such restriction in Pre that disallow us to import audio track with .mts files. Uninstalllling pre and reinstalling it might fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same problem and I do have the full paid version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fuzzball, are you saying that you're using the exact same camcorder on a similar Windows 7 64-bit machine using the exact same project presets?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, not exactly the same problem, but I am using AVCHD files that I have imported with the camera software as well as thru adobe's import utility and when I drag the video into the editor, I have the video, but no audio. I had started a different thread on this as my .mov files from a different HD camera work fine, just seems to be an issue with AVCHD files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 30, 2010 Sep 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the "no audio" problem seen even after exporting it? To any format?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just did a reinstall making sure I rebooted when asked (didnt do that before). works now. Seems that it is definitely necessary to rebooted after install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We love the success stories, Lapino! Thanks for sharing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 01, 2010 Oct 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AVCHD has AC3 for audio component. And that requires Dolby activation. I think. Can someone confirm this? If this IS the case, you will NOT get audio till you activate PRE9 with a valid serial number.. Sad but True, IF I am right

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2010 Oct 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem, but wit .mov files.  They play file from the finder, but once I import them, the audio is lost. I am using the trail version of PE9 for Mac,'

The .mov files are   848x480, Codecs: Photo-JPEG, Linear PCM, Audio Channel 1,  Total Bit Rate13,182

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jneil2, Download the patch for the playback problems. They will fix the audio ones as well.

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/870/cpsid_87080.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeow, jneil! I don't think you're going to be able to work with those MOV files in Premiere Elements.

Although Premiere Elements 9 has greatly expanded the number of formats it supports -- those look like very non-standard files and frame sizes.

What type of camcorder did they come from and how did you get them into your computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are .mov files from my Panasonic Lumix camera, model #DMC-LX2.

I am able to edit these files in IMovie....

Do you think it has something to do with aspect ratio?

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I can change the settings on my camera to 30fps, 640x480pixels, 30fps.

Do you think that setting will work in the future?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did that, but the problem still exists....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

Several users have had issues with Linear PCM files. I would convert these to pure PCM, and not Linear PCM. That has done the trick for many. I am not sure what the problem with the Linear PCM Audio streams is, but that simple conversion has worked for most.

Now, that Frame Size might prove problematic later on. Remind me, where did these files come from - what camera was used to produce them?

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines