Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Skin not displayed in the project

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2010 Nov 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a prject that is upgraded from RH 6 to 8. After the upgrade, though I have the skin in the project Skin folder, the skin is not listed in the project. I have to update the skin toolbar and cannot find the skin. When I try to add the skin, it says the project already has the skin. The skin is correctly applied when I generate the output.

skin.JPG

My skin is not displayed, but the project has the reference... Why wouldn't it display the skin?

Thanks in advance, Hemtya

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2010 Nov 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If not already resolved, try deleting the CPD.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2010 Nov 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

Thanks. I have tried that, doesn’t work.

It applies the skin correctly, but does not show up in the Project Setup folder for editing.

The rhskins.apj file shows the default flash skin and nothing else. I tried editing this (in a copy of course) to add the skin the project actually applies while building, but did not work.

Any thoughts?

As always, appreciate your time and help, Hemtya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2010 Nov 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you resolved this now?

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2010 Nov 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I could not get it to show up in the project yet.

Hemtya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2010 Dec 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can share the project, send it as instructed on my Contact page.

Include a link to this thread.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I resolved it:-)

I wanted to try editing the rhskins.apj before sending it to you today, and it worked!!! Beats me why it didn’t work before, coz that’s what I tried first.

Anyways, thank you so much for keeping at it - gave me confidence that it is doable.

For anyone with a similar issue:

Problem:

A big project when upgraded from 6 to 8, lost the reference to its skin in the Project Manager window.

Solution:

I brought it back by manually adding the reference to rhskins.apj. Didn’t work when I tried initially - I must have made some errors then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Always more satisfying when you crack it yourself.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp