• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images in Snippets not outputting to Word...

Nov 26, 2010 Nov 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, so I have some 'Please Note' snippets that have a little note icon with them (a .png) and though they seem to output fine to a webhelp output, they just vanish when I output to Word...

Is this a known problem? Anybody got any fixes/workarounds? Cheers!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the png in the baggage files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ummm... I don't think so... how can I add it?

Also, not sure if this is relevant but I think part of the problem might be that we have actually set it as a custom bullet point in 'bullets and numbering'... so it is not actually an "image", in as much as I can't, say, left-click and see image properties. Could that be related?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's not actually inserted in a topic, it needs to be added to Baggage Files.

In Project Manager:

Baggage Files, right click, select New > Baggage File

Good luck,

Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

The fact that the images are present in WebHelp is a good logical indication that adding to Baggage will likely be wasted effort. It certainly won't hurt anything, but it I'd be surprised if it corrected the issue.

I say this because if it were a matter of the file needing to be added to Baggage, it wouldn't be seen in WebHelp. You add things to Baggage that RoboHelp may be unaware of. Because the file is working in WebHelp is enough proof that RoboHelp is aware of it.

My own guess here is that it has to do with the Snippet and the way the images are handled.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 moments from now - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcererStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well you are certainly right that adding the image to the baggage didn't help...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Images as bullets always cause trouble on export to Word. I think a search of these forums will reveal they are always a problem and that the fact they are in a Snippet is a red herring.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply Peter,

The weird thing is, red herring it may be, but images-as-bullets that are not in snippets seem to be outputting ok...

Possibly just a coincidence...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another theory bites the dust.

As it is a Snippet, so only one edit, how about creating a table with the image in one cell and the text adjacent? The old workaround.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's not a bad idea. It's probably about 5 snippets over-all, but if it solves the problem, I'm willing to give it a go.

On Monday of course. I'm off 'ome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp