• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Insert Captivate 4 file in RoboHelp 8

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2010 Nov 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have hard time to insert a Captivate 4 file into Robohelp 8. I am using the Insert-Hyperlink (option Multimedia). I want to insert a .swf file located in a folder with many others .swf files. When I choose a specific file that I want to insert (a .swf file), RoboHelp inserts all the .swf files that are in that directory and copy them in the top RoboHelp directory.

I would like to insert just on at the time, without having to empty my originial folder everytime.

Anyone have a suggestion?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community

Have you tried using the Insert > Captivate function?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 moments from now - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcererStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thank you for your response. Yes I have tried what you suggest, but the file is inserted in a full page, while I just want to have a link to it. That's why I am using the Insert-Hyperlink. My understanding of RoboHelp is that I am supposed to insert one file, not the entire folder. Any other tips ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello again

You need to make a choice here. I'm not sure what exactly is meant by what you said:

...but the file is inserted in a full page, while I just want to have a link to it...

Captivate content may be inserted into the body of a topic. Once there, it appears along with other topic information. You may also import the HTML page Captivate creates for you. To do that, you would click File > Import > HTML page. This would allow you to create a link in the TOC or the Index or from the body of a topic that would link to the full page.

If you wanted to link directly to the SWF and avoid any HTML pages, just add the SWF as a Baggage File by right-clicking the Baggage folder or in the Project Manager. Then you can link just to the SWF. Note, however, that this isn't recommended because you have no control over how the SWF looks. Perhaps the Captivate SWF is designed to present at 640x480 and when it opens in this manner, the browser is full screen. The SWF is then stretched to fill as much of the screen as it can. And that can make the quality of the SWF seriously degrade.

Your call... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 moments from now - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcererStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp