• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Restoring Messages

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2010 Nov 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have searched for well over an hour for something that I am sure is very simple. I am sure that I have overlooked the answer.

I am using RH8.

I accidentally selected the Don't show me this message again option related to a message that I need to see.

I am trying to restore the message.

I have not found any information in Help, using Google, and using the forum.

Can someone tell me how to accomplish what I think is a simple task? That is, how do I restore warning messages that have been suppressed?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 29, 2010 Nov 29, 2010

Hi Cal

Okay, found it.

Close RoboHelp HTML as your first step.

Open the registry editor.

Look for this section:

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-2363748780-1291634622-3356602919-1000\Software\Adobe\RoboHelp\8.00\Common

The actual key name is:

Dont notify on out of project

You might be able to find that easily by pressing F3, pasting that into the search field and allowing the registry editor to find that key for you.

Basically, when you click that "do not show" check box you are setting this key value to 1. You might

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cal

You will end up having to close RoboHelp and surgically remove something from your Windows Registry to re-enable the message. If you can tell us exactly which message it was, I might be able to guide you to the key.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 moments from now - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcererStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick - I think Peter has some info on restoring these messages on his site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff

Anything on Peter's site about those messages would likely have come from my own research. I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone document all of them thoroughly.

Prior to posting I recalled that Peter did have some info there and I did expend a fair amount of searching to no avail. So I decided to simply reply and ask which message it was as it seemed simpler in the long run.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcererStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I just did a quick google on his site too & had no luck - I seem to remember seeing somewhere some text on "Well if you've turned these messages off in the past; here's how to turn them back on..." I just can't remember where it was

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to recreate the message on a virtual machine, so I have a more correct version of the message (related to hyperlinks). The message for images is very similar.

The hyperlink "SourceTopic.htm", used in TargetTopic.htm is outside the current project and will not be shown in Project Manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cal

Okay, found it.

Close RoboHelp HTML as your first step.

Open the registry editor.

Look for this section:

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-2363748780-1291634622-3356602919-1000\Software\Adobe\RoboHelp\8.00\Common

The actual key name is:

Dont notify on out of project

You might be able to find that easily by pressing F3, pasting that into the search field and allowing the registry editor to find that key for you.

Basically, when you click that "do not show" check box you are setting this key value to 1. You might be able to just delete the key. Then close the registry editor and restart RoboHelp. But I think I'd start by changing the value to 0 first. Then close Regedit and restart RoboHelp.

Keep us posted on your outcome!

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcererStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After re-reading that it occurred to me that you might think I meantfor you to paste in that really long gnarly bit. That is likely going to be different for you and I only meant you should search for the key name of Dont notify on out of project.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcererStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2010 Nov 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rick,

Your suggestion worked like a charm.

I did have to delete the key as opposed to simply changing the value to 0.

Thanks for all your help with this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First thanks for all your help.

The actions below created the message.

I copied (Ctrl+C) content in one project and pasted it in another.

The content included pictures and hyperlinks.

When I save the target project, the message is something similar to "PictureName.png in Topic.htm is outside the project and may not appear in the final output. Sorry, I don't remember the exact message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp