• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have a new nook...BUT

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2010 Nov 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded Digatal Editions, transferred a book from the library to the Digital Editions library...and then plugged in my nook, authorized it, and transferred the book to the nook.  I felt Brilliant!  Until I tried to open the book on the nook..."user not activated"....

Now I feel stupid....can anyone help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 01, 2010 Dec 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same issue!  Can anyone help us?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2010 Dec 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Plug your Nook into your computer.  open "My Computer"  Find the

drive labeled "nook" and open it.  There should be a folder called "adobe.digital.edtions"  Delete this.

go back to the main "My Computer" screen, right click on the "nook" drive and eject.  Unplug from computer.

Open "Adobe Digital Editions" program.  Plug in your nook to the computer.  Authorize the computer.  It will then find your nook and ask to authorize.  Then look in "bookshelf" named nook.  If there are any books that you loaned there, delete them.  Go back and re-download them to the nook.  You can now eject the nook from the computer.  The books should now be readable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome!  I did all the steps you mentioned and now my books are there!  I knew it had to be "user error"!  LOL  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you, thank you, thank you!!  I have been pulling my hair out trying to get the books to work on my Nook.  Now it works just fine!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, thank you, thank you....I have been thinking of returning this....everything works now! Blessings to you!

Roberta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2011 Jun 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Roberta, you're Italian??? How did you get your hands on it??? I'm desperate for one but unless some of my friend takes a trip to the States... I'm out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 15, 2010 Dec 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 24, 2011 May 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Talk about computer illiterate - I have been pulling my hair out trying to get my nook activated.  Your advice worked!!  My library site and the Adobe site didn't work at all.  Talk about frustrated - Thank  you so much -- and how did you figure that one out!! - I guess I mite keep the nook after all.  Thank you again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 25, 2011 May 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

took me all day xmas day. glad it worked.

Ron Wyatt MD MHA

George W. Merck Fellow IHISent via DROID on Verizon Wireless

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wish some one was as helpful with my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 17, 2010 Dec 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the steps:

1)  Connect Nook to computer

2)  In Explorer, DELETE  Adobe Digital Edition

3) Disconnect the Nook from the computer

4) starte ADE

5)then plug in Nook to the computer

6) ADE will ask you to register Nook

7) Do so

8) Now you see Nook in the ADE

9) Close ADE and disconnect Nook

now you should be able to read

For some reason these instructions have been totally eliminated by Barnes and Noble.  I found someone in the Forum myself who gave me these instructions and it works.  Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works perfectly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I found these instructions some where along the thread a little while

ago and gave it a try. So nice to be reading again! Technology -- can't live

with it, can't live without it! Thanks again!

<><

Wife to Andy, Mom to Kimberly (15), Neyland (9), Rebecca (4), Lydia (2), and

Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2010 Dec 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU SO MUCH!  I followed these steps, and BAM! I was able to successfully read a downloaded library book.

Now that it works, I'm looking forward to borrowing even more books!

Thank you again.

--Christina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 26, 2010 Dec 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

great!

I struggled with it for hours.

enjoy!

Ron Wyatt MD MHA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2011 Jan 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you do when after trial and error trying to get your Nook "activated you get a message that says you can't open the book because you have activated it too many times?

Thanks.

I am a high school librarian who has been recommending the Nook to students, faculty and friends and family members because of the library borrowing and sharing features. I have a student who is stuck and I feel responsible for getting this to work for her and everyone else who will need help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try to delete the digital edition file folder on the nook.

sync to your pc and go into the nook and delete the file folder.

Ron Wyatt MD MHA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am afraid she has already done this. The folder keeps coming back. One night after after a couple of hours reading discussion boards she was able to open a checked out book from the library on her nook. The next day, after school she got the message about "activating it too many times" I have shared your suggestion about deleting the folder again. Thank you for your prompt response. ~ktdailey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 09, 2011 Jan 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting the same "too many activations" error after doing what Nook support told me to do and deleting the Digital Editions files and trying to re-authorize my Nook.  The books show up fine on my computer but I cannot download them onto the Nook.  It keeps saying I "do not have permission to copy".  I will be returning my new Nook this week unless I can get this resolved within the next day or so.  I had hoped it was a one time issue and that it would be fine once I got it up and running but, after reading this forum, it looks like people have been reporting this same type of problem for several years now, even with other brands of eReaders.  It does not look like anyone is trying to repair this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 22, 2011 Jan 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is a little late I wasn't paying attention to my email the student might need a new account from adobe usually when you get a lisencing agreement like this you can only activated it so many times. If you activate your computer then your nook on the sameif account and then you reset your nook you delete the certification but adobe doesn't know you deleted it. So then you re-download it now it show you have 3 devices. I am not sure if this will work I would try deleted adobe edition from her computer completly resetting her nook and then set up an acount useing another name and email address a parent or brother.

Also some librarys will only let you download a book a certain amount of times even to the same device or adobe account the problem might be with the book.

I have been using my nook since christmas morning almost every day I have bought books from barnes and noble, other ebook website and probably about 35 books from the library and have not had a problems.

The most important about the nook is before you do anything set up a barnes and noble account and REGISTER YOU NOOK!!!!! If you don't register it before you download abobe you will have problems and have to reset

Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2011 11:21:37 -0700

To: enseare@q.com

Subject: I have a new nook...BUT

What do you do when after trial and error trying to get your Nook "activated you get a message that says you can't open the book because you have activated it too many times?

Thanks.

I am a high school librarian who has been recommending the Nook to students, faculty and friends and family members because of the library borrowing and sharing features. I have a student who is stuck and I feel responsible for getting this to work for her and everyone else who will need help.

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 12, 2011 Apr 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed these instructions and I it resolved the "user not activated"  issue and I am able to read books from ADE on my nook. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 12, 2011 Apr 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

good.

Ron Wyatt MD MHA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2011 Apr 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for the help!

Question #2, is this something I'm going to have to fight with over and over again, or am I done with this particular bug?

Thanks again,

Buzzy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 25, 2011 Apr 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You 'should' be done with the problem once the Nook works with ADE and you

can download to it. A note about library ebook downloads: they 'should'

have an automatic expiration date. If you want to return them early, ADE

will do that. However, if you download the ebook again, then ADE might get

mixed up and that's a different problem, which is covered elsewhere in the

Forum. It's NOT related to this one!

===============

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines