Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

How to make SharePoint server work with Livecycle ES 2 ?

Level 2

Hi,

I wonder if there is official way (either from MS or Adobe) or plugin/connector to submit Adobe PDF forms into SharePoint document library ?

the goal so that the users shall upload forms (XDP? With required images etc.) into a SharePoint library, within the workflow, set permissions, etc.

Do I need to install the Livecycle server as Windows Server or it can be Linux (Adobe provided Suse Linux appliance VM)

Any kind of comments and suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

Your best option is the Windows Turnkey (JBoss with MySQL). Ubuntu is not a supported Linux flavor for LiveCycle.

- Jayan

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Employee

Hi Albert,

LiveCycle ES2 server can be interfaced with and connected to an existing Sharepoint repository. If you plan to try and evaluate LiveCycle ES2, then download a free Windows only Turnkey installer. Please refer to the Installing and Deploying LiveCycle ES2 for JBoss Turnkey for more information.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Regards,

Suhas Yogin

Level 2

Thanks for the reply here Suhas,

I'm still confused here after downloading the Adobe Livecycle ES 2.5 (Suse Linux VM with JBoss) to connect with my existing SharePoint Server 2010, do I need to install that Turnkey feature on my Windows Server side or on my Suse Linux side ?

Level 7

The SUSE appliance is not the right approach for the Sharepoint Connector since it does not have it installed.

Level 2

Thanks for the reply, so what's my option here in order to make it work with SharePoint 2010 ?

I need it in urgent for Proof of Concept after failed to recreate / install in Ubuntu Linux server.

Correct answer by
Level 7

Your best option is the Windows Turnkey (JBoss with MySQL). Ubuntu is not a supported Linux flavor for LiveCycle.

- Jayan

Level 2

Thanks Jayan,

so can you confirm that in order to make the SHarePoint connector works, all of the server involved here must be running Windows Server right ?

no Linux OS involved ?

Cheers,

Albert