• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

your computer does not have sufficient memory resource to publish your file

Participant ,
Jul 14, 2010 Jul 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded CP5 trial version to see what's new.  Is it just me or is it really buggy?

I received 'Adobe Captivate has stoped working' half a dozen times but managed to convert a small CP4 project (35 slides not a lot of animation or voice over) and tried to preview it.  I got the message 'your computer does not have sufficient memory resource to publish your file'.  I'm working on a new laptop with 4 GB of ram and I still get that message even when I kill everything else and only have Captivate running.  I'm working with Windows 7 on 64-bit OS.  Has anyone else run into this?  How much memory does CP5 draw?

Needless to say I won't be upgrading any time soon...

Best,
Aimee

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Did you run Captivate as administrator? I'm working on a similar configuration, same OS and CP5 works fine, even with several open projects, Photoshop, Soundbooth and a couple of other programs running. It seems very strange to me. Do you have a dedicated Graphics card? CP is rather video-heavy, I made sure to have a 1GB card, but 512MB would do also.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Aimee,

Can you please check the "VM Size" of AdobeCaptivate.exe in Windows Task Manager (or better if you have "process explorer" as it gives the exact virtual size) at the time when you get the message box saying "does not have sufficient memory..." (check the VMSize before dismissing the message box). This message generally comes when the memory allocation failure happens inside Captivate process. I just want to make sure if it is really consuming so much of memory.

Regards

Rahul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry for this inconvinience. Could you please share your project file with us using acrobat.com  so that we can have a look at this?

Thanks,

Sikandar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 15, 2010 Jul 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, this morning it is working fine.  I did try it several times yesterday but perhaps after the install it runs some update checks or some

thing in the background?

I'll keep playing it and if I get the message again I will check the VM size and report it here.  In the meantime, my advise for anyone else who receives this message is to give it some time and a reboot (actually I didn't even reboot I just left my computer running over night).

Thanks for all your replies.

Best,

Aimee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 21, 2010 Jul 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay it happened again.

Here's the error:

AdobeCP-Memory-error.png

And here is the CPU:

AdobeCP-Memory.png

I would be happy to upload the project file if you provide me instructions about where to put it.  However, I opened another project to test if it was just that project and I received the same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 21, 2010 Jul 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could upload it to acrobat.com.

-Sikandar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 01, 2010 Aug 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone with solution unto this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 01, 2010 Aug 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Aimee,

Did you share the file on Acrobat.com? Or you can mail me the file at viswanat@adobe.com

Thanks,

Vish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2018 Aug 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same error message. It was publishing last week, today it was not.  Tried removing all cache files, CC cleaner, re-booting.  Still got the error.  I deleted one slide and it published.  The slide had "Effects" on it.  Also noticed in the thumbnails of the slides, some of the graphics were missing.  Don't know if this will help, but it worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 02, 2010 Aug 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think it is a problem with the file because:

1) it doesn't always happen with that file

2) it also has happened when testing other files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 03, 2010 Aug 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello There,

Can you consistantly repro this issue? In that case we can try doing a remote connect and investigate further. If you are able to get this issue consistantly with any file, please share the file and that would help us in reproducing it locally.

Thanks,

Vish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 04, 2010 Aug 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vish,

Once or twice I was not able to reproduce - but I've no idea what was different. Since then I get the error every time I try to preview or publish (sometimes when I publish it actually doesn't give me an error it just stops working and I get a windows message that the program has stopped functioning). I have the same results with all projects.

Nonetheless, I've copied one of the project files to Acrobat.com if you want to take a look:

https://acrobat.com/#d=oKmIxddLLRMh1Zp0sAWYVA

Let me know if you want to do a remote session.

Thanks,

Aimee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 04, 2010 Aug 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Aimee,

I just tried opening two copies of your project in Cp5 and previewed them about 20 times (along with doing some minor modifications). But could not reproduce the issue on my machine.

In your previous post you had posted a snapshot of TaskManager. But that was not much helpful as the "Memory" column just displays the amount of RAM occupied by the program. What I wanted to know was the "Virtual size" of the process at the time when the error occurred.

Can you please download "process explorer" software and check the column named "Virtual Size" as shown below (When you get the error dialog).

publish.JPG

That might give us some more idea, else we will do a remote session.

Regards

Rahul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 05, 2010 Aug 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rahul,

Well I did say I was pretty sure it wasn't the project file...

Does this screen shot tell you anything?

AdobeCP5virtual.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Aimee,

That was helpful, now it is sure that its not running out of memory.

We will investigate this issue soon and will keep you posted.

Regards

Rahul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Aimee,

Can you please try disabling the swf compression and use Cp for some time to see if the error still happens.

You can do this from Preferences->Project->SWF size and quality -> Compress SWF file.

Regards

Rahul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 06, 2010 Aug 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rahul,

I will definitely try this but I'm about to catch a flight and will not be back till Tuesday. Then I'll do it and post the result. Thanks for your attention to this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 10, 2010 Aug 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rahul,

I tested it and when I uncheck only 'compress swf file' I still receive the message.

HOWEVER,

if I uncheck both 'compress swf file' and 'advanced project compression' I am able to both preview the project in a web browser and publish it.

I've tested it three or four times and it seems to consistently work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 10, 2010 Aug 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a useful information, We will investigate this soon.

Regards

Rahul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2010 Oct 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a resolution for this?  I'm having the exact same issue occur when attempting to publish.

VM Size at error occurence is ~257MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey - for me it worked when I unchecked both 'compress swf file' and 'advanced project compression' in the Preferences->Project->SWF size and quality.

Did you try that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unchecking those options seem to help.  I'm still hoping that there's a fix though because we have to compress all of our swf files before we upload them to our servers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right. I hope there is a better solution as well. I'm curious what the specs are of your machine. I'm working with Win7 64 bit. The 64 bit gives me problems with CP4 as well and I wonder if that is contributing to the problems I experienced with CP5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a 32bit WinXP SP3 machine.  I have 4GB of RAM even though I can't fully utilize it all with the 32bit OS.  You're not the first person I've seen say they've had issues with 64bit and CP 4/5.  I had a few really frustrating issues with CP4 as well.  It's hard to find the common denominator with some of these issues sometimes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources