Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Conditional build tags not working with RH8 - will work with RH7

Nov 30, 2010 Nov 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been updating a project using Robohelp 8 HTML.  The original document was compiled using Robohelp 7 HTML.

The conditional build tags from the original document will appear in the final document.....however any new conditional tags added using RH8 don't show up.  Does anyone know why this is happening?

I am also having a problem 'Publishing'.  I am able to generate all the documents, but am not able to publish the final version onto our company intranet.  The workaround has been to copy and paste the new version into the old version's folder.  I am not sure if this is why the new conditional build tags do not work.

Also, RH8 has shut down on me multiple times when I double click.  Is this happening to anyone else?

I have a looming deadline -- any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This could be an issue with upgrading the RH7 project to RH8 - were you fully patched up in RH8 when you upgraded? There was a serious issue with upgraded projects that's covered on Peter Grainge's site (www.grainge.org) check out the Opening Projects section.

What SSL output are you creating? Does it work fine with the sample projects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, maybe this is a stupid question but what does SSL output mean exactly?

Maybe I should have amended my topic title.....the project was originally created in RH7.  When the project got dumped on me, RH8 was installed onto my computer.  I am not sure if this is a problem with the upgrade, or a problem with the fact that I can't publish correctly.

When I generate the project, everything looks fine.  But when I try to upload it onto the intranet, the conditional tags stop working (i.e. only tags from the original version work).  So I am not sure if this is a Robohelp problem, or an internal network problem....hopefully this made some sense!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

SSL is the Single Source Layout - it's the pod at the bottom of the screen where you generate whatever flavour of help you want to create - Compiled HTM (CHM), WebHelp, Flash Help, AIR Help, printed docs, etc.

When you generate help, it places the output in a c:\project name\SSL\output name\ folder. When you generate, you select the mix of ingredients that is coming from the project & going into the output. Conditions are part of that - you have to decide what's going to be included/excluded from the help output. If you don't specify, you might get both types of conditions or only one type - you'll have to check by right-clicking on your output flavour in the SSL pod and looking at Properties.

RH 8 is up to 8.0.2.208 - make sure you run each update one at a time; Adobe patches aren't cumulative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp