• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Typewriter in Reader X

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2010 Nov 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way In Reader X to have to typewriter function always appear as a toolbar in documents that have the Reader Enabled Features?  In version 9, it alwasys showed at the top if the document was enabled through Acrobat and In Reader X you have to open the tools tab and click on it to turn it on even if the document in enabled.  Also, can anyone tell me how to change the default font?  Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 23, 2010 Nov 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot even find how to turn on the typewriter in Adobe Reader X. It does not show in any menu that I have found. I have been searching everywhere on the internet but it seems like there is no information regarding this function.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2010 Nov 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You won't be able to use the typewriter function in Reader unless the document has Reader Extended features enabled through Adobe Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 24, 2010 Nov 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ahill,

In Acrobat 10 in Reader, the Typewriter tool is renamed and relocated. It appears as a tool in the Tools panel, Extended Features, as opposed to Comments. It is labeled "Add or Edit Text Box", though the properties window that appears is still labeled Typewriter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2010 Nov 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I enable Tools panel? I can only see Comment and Share. Is there additional software I have to download?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Tools panel is not available unless the document has usage rights applied. Usage rights can be added to a document using Acrobat or Adobe's LiveCycle Reader Extensions server product, and they enable features in Reader that are not normally available, such as commenting, saving, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But I can comment (at least I see the Comment panel and can enable Sticky Notes and Text highlighting) the document, and I can save it. Is there a way to see if the Usage rights are added to the document?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The "Typewriter" right is separate from other types of commenting. It can be enabled individually or activates when you add additional rights in Acrobat by selecting "Advanced > Extend Features in Adobe Reader". If enabled for just the Typewriter tool, it will say so in the document message bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines