• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Webhelp Enterprise Pro Search problems - Robegine

New Here ,
May 29, 2006 May 29, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two projects (250 merged projects within each – 1-5 topics each with about 4-5 links within each project)

Each project works fine – index and search working fine. However when combine the search fails. Everthing else is is still OK. When you select search and enter a term such as travel – it takes a long time and returns a “sorry message” The term travel works and returns topics and documents as expected wihin each project.

Here is the error messages

Error Search failed Unable to perform a search. The following error occured: Server recovery from a problem: Location: CSALSearch: oSearch, Query: travel..

Failed to analyze the user's question and reported an error message. See the error message for more information.

Primary data Server recovery from a problem: Location: CSALSearch: oSearch, Query: travel.

Any clues or hints?

Text

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 30, 2006 May 30, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Given the error message, I assume that this is set up with RoboEngine? If so, I suspect your NLA files may be corrupt. Try walkting through this TechNote:

http://www.adobe.com/go/rb_e31824

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2006 May 30, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Since there are a large number of projects, Wilde guess as to which one of 526 files are corrupt? I am taking the following steps; Stop service. Delete all items under the reserved folder web, - which includes the NLA files. Restart service and then refresh Roboengine.

Will confirm results - - I need to confer with webmaster to assist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2006 Jun 13, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
update based upon suggestions by LivingProof - Thanks
Using Roboengine 5 on Server Windows 2000 5 Service pack 4 Authoring with RH X5 Webhelp Pro/Enterprise output Latest patches
- Rebuilt both test server and production server - deleting all items in the Reserved folder (NLA files)
- This is large (at least to me since has 509 projects
Result -
a merged project of 270 procedures - now has the same CSALSearch error. However if I remove ANY one of 7 projects from the merged parent Search will work with no CSAL Search errors. The same result on the production server. I have had the server webmaster validate against the permission doc. OK

There are other project of various sizes that work OK like before. But now I have to decommission the search for the 270 set manual. What I was left to do was hard wire the topics for the 7 items in the TOC instead of Merge. I place PDF copies in the DOcument folder for search.

IS there other methods for integrating search with other engines etc?

I o am curious why the error messages stats Server Recovering from a Problem part of the error message. What would the server be revoring from and why can I not see it in the server event log?

Any clues or futher hints?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp