Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player not working on some websites

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2010 Nov 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have trouble with Flash Player not working in some websites.

I have tried to uninstall and re-install (have also tried restarting between the different steps). I have also tried to completely remove any remainder of flash (in my User Appdata folder and the Windows system folder).

I have tried to follow other messages but still haven't managed to fix my problem. Last night I thought I had solved the problem as I managed to see videos on a site I couldn't before, but after a short while it failed to play videos again. I haven't changed anything or installed any other program. Just surfed to different websites (some of them probably contained video) and when I moved back to the problematic website it still wouldn't show me videos.

Youtube is working normally.

An example for a website not working properly: http://www.one.co.il/Cat/Video/ .

I encounter this problem with both Firefox (3.6.12) and IE8.

System: Windows 7 Professional.

Flash version installed: 10,1,102,64

Files in Flash folder (C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash):

Flash10l.ocx

FlashInstall.log

flashplayer.xpt

FlashUtil10l_ActiveX.dll

FlashUtil10l_ActiveX.exe

FlashUtil10l_Plugin.exe

NPSWF32.dll

Any help would be massively appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Amir

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2010 Nov 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2010 Nov 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would appreciate any kind of help.

Please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 28, 2010 Nov 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot see anything on that website either; all I can see is white text on a black background "this video will be broadcast only in Israel".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2010 Nov 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The video works for me in different pcs I've tried.

It's a local problem with my pc... Some of the other examples given here for videos from websites that do not work have also failed to work in my pc.

The weirdest thing is that some (very few) of the videos from that website do work from time to time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try if it works better if you disable Hardware Acceleration (Flash Player Settings).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I've tried that already but with no luck so far I'm afraid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 30, 2010 Nov 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been working on the same problem for 3 days. Videos from youtube and hulu work fine.  All videos from Adobe TV tutorials do not work at this time. Three days ago the first 3 episodes played fine then nothing would play, not even the ones that I had previously not had a problem with (in the same session)  One video on another Adobe page always works yet the other videos on that same page show video but the narration is missing but the music is there.

Windows 7, 64 bit

Internet Explorer (32 bit) and Firefox 3.6.12

Latest Flash

Run with/without firewalls

Using different Flash settings

IE gives 2 error messages when trying to run Adobe tutorials:  'undefined' is null or not an object, jquery.swfobject.js line 2, Code:0 Char: 653, URI: http://images.tv.adobe.com/script/jquery.swfobject.js   and:

'$.flash.available' is null and not an object, episode.js Line 132, Code:0 Char 2, URI: http://images.tv.adobe.com/script/episode.js

(don't know what it means)

Adobe techs say its not a problem on their end

Firefox says not on their end

ISP says not on their end

Kaspersky anti-virus says not their firewalls

I don't want to pay MS techs to tell me it isn't their software

anybody got a clue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2010 Dec 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any additional possible solutions for this problem? Please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2010 Dec 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue.....adobe flash player is working fine until I upgrade it to Flash player 10.1... wish I didn't do it.  it took many days for me to try all the trouble shooting steps they posted on the website.Unfortunately. it still didn't work. I brought my computer to my expert technician and he too can't make it to work.  ADOBE should fix this problem..because it's very disapppointing and very time consuming,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 14, 2010 Dec 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, May I just add some info that may help? Not only you but I see others have posted also. These suggestions may not apply to each of you, but just consider them and see.

With IE, make sure in your addons you have Shockwave Flash Object Enabled. Also make sure it is the same version # as the Flash Player version you have Installed.

With FF or any other non-IE browser, look in your plugins for Shockwave Flash (SWF) and make sure it is Enabled.

Test your version of Flash Player Installed at the following link and make sure you can see the Flash logo "spin".

http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

Amir, you have listed your Flash Player files and that's a good thing since anyone helping you can see they are all correct.

Others should do the same, because very often an old Flash file may not be removed during the Uninstall and can cause a conflict when viewing Flash content.

On the site that amir listed, I received a message also on the one video that first appears. However the other videos played fine.

I use XP/SP3/IE8, with hardware acceleration ON. No Anti-Virus add ons in my browser.

Using IE, Tools, Internet Options, Security. Make sure Security is set to Medium.

Since the website in question is not in English, I was unable to find the "system requirements" Some websites use and require that the Adobe program Shockwave Player is Installed. This is different than Flash Player. I know ESPN and other Sport sites do.

Some Anti-Virus programs components that are Installed into the browser conflicts with Flash Player, especially in the IE browser.

AVG uses a LinkScanner, but it is not in the browsers, but will conflict and should be Disabled.They do have 3 addons in the browser that are not needed also. Norton has 3 also in the browser. The reason I bring this up is because Flash Player works thru the browser and anything in the browser can affect it. Just listing some known conflicts.

These are just some things that you may want to check.

It has been my experience from troubleshooting that when the Flash Player files and the Shockwave Flash Object are correct, then any problem is a setting or something is conflicting with the add on in the browser.

Now we cannot forget Java or Javascript for that matter. Any old Java needs removed and only the latest (Update 22) should be Installed. If you have the Java addon in your browser, 2SSV Helper, disable it. If you are not a developer then disable Deployment Toolkit also.

Well, that is all I can think of at the moment. I hope it may help or at least you can check some of the above.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2010 Dec 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi I don't have shockwave flash and I don't know how to add it..please advise

thanks

Susana Cary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi susanagocary, You can read about what Shockwave Player is and what it does here:

http://www.adobe.com/products/shockwaveplayer/

On that site, there is a link to Install it. There you will find the system requirements and other information prior to Installing it.

I would do that. Also be aware that there may be "extras" that you may or may not want and will need to "UNcheck" the offerings. Also there may be more than one place to "UNcheck" boxes, as you proceed thru the process.

Since there are several users, yourself included on this thread, I think it may be better if you or any others would start your own thread. Each user's systems are different and really needs to be looked at. Some of the info I posted would apply to all, but it is much better to see what could be your issue. It could be something simple and you may not need Shockwave Player at all. Installing it would not solve whatever problem you have if that is not the problem.

It is up to you whether you want to Install it or not. There are many variables that could cause Flash Player to not work properly and they should be investigated first. This is just my opinion from troubleshooting so many various problems concerning Flash Player.

If you decide to start your own thread/discussion, just post here and let me know.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did call and talk to another Adobe tech recently and when he tested his

computer flash with the Adobe videos that I could not play, he was not able

to play them either. So, since some people that tried those videos did not

have trouble and some did, I still don't know what to think. The tech never

got back to me about it, but at the time he thought it was an Adobe website

problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RobertFairfax, thanks for that info. Do you have Shockwave Player Installed? I haven't checked the system requirements for the AdobeTV nor the tutorials, but this is from the Shockwave Player site that I gave susana..above:

Over 450 million Internet-enabled desktops have installed Adobe Shockwave Player. These people now have access to some of the best the Web has to offer - including dazzling 3D games and entertainment, interactive product demonstrations, and online learning applications. Shockwave Player displays Web content that has been created by Adobe Director.

I am not certain, but is not AdobeTV and the tutorials "online learning applications" that are listed there? I don't use either one and have not need of Shockwave Player, therefore I don't have it Installed.

Also is AdobeTV & the tutorials created by Adobe Director? And if so, then I would think the Shockwave Player is required.

I wonder if the Adobe Tech you spoke with had SP Installed?

Perhaps the SP forum or AdobeTV/tutorials could help in this.

Thanks,

eidnolb

P.S. also, a separate thread may be helpful as I suggested to susana. Something to consider as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 16, 2010 Dec 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the latest and greatest Shockwave Player is installed.

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi I downloaded the shockwave flash and said successful, but i can't locate it.

I open my add and remove program it was not there . don't know where did it

goes? after that i reinstalled the flash player and it still show that my active

x control is not registered...i also prompt in my custom level and defaul for

the active x control . but again no Luck...what's next?

Susana Cary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi susana, I need to ask you the same I just asked Robert. Please start a new thread. Amir had/has most likely one issue. Robert from what I can tell so far is concerned with AdobeTV & the Adobe tutorials. You have several different issues that are not in common with either of theirs.

It will be easier for you and myself to sort thru what needs to be done, in order to solve your problems.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shockwave is already in my add remove program, i can't see flashwave player

icon on my desktop or document?  i just need my flash player to work

please...this is very impt to me.. i can't open any video in you tube, FB even

the attachement on my email...as in ZERO ..it keeps telling me that my active x

control is not registered...

Susana Cary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

went to my IE and was able to locate the Shockwave flask object and it said

enabled

Susana Cary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what   do you mean start a new thread?    

Susana Cary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please get back to me? I really need to get my flash player to work

Susana Cary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, When you get to the Flash Player forum and log in, on the right side under Actions, you'll see start a discussion. Click on that and follow the instructions.

With your first post, include your Windows system XP, Vista or Win 7 and all browsers and the versions you use.

After that I'll reply back to you and have you check some things and ask certain questions. Once that begins, don't Install or Uninstall anything  or make any changes unless I request you to.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Window xp , 32, shockwave flash is enabled ,download was completely  but when I

ran the installation, it says Active X control is not registered. enabled all

active x control in IE trusted site like  custom level and

default level...disabled my antivirus to try if it will alow flash player to

install...UNFORTUNATELY...IT'S  STILL NOT WORKING...don't know where to do

now...HELPPPPPPPPPP

Susana Cary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have ADOBE PHOTO DE LUXE, ADOBE READER, ADOBE READER 9 AND ADOBE SHOCKWAVE IN

MY  ADD REMOVE PROGRAM...SHOULD I UNINSTALLED ALL OF THESE.. MAYB I SHOULD 

UNINSTALLED ALL THESE ADOBE IN MY ADD REMOVE PROGRAM....

Susana Cary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines