Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Master Pages / Sync topic list and Project Manager

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2010 Nov 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is there an easier way to see if I've applied my Master page to all my topics rather than right-clicking and checking Properties for each topic?  No indication of a Master page shows up in my topic list and there isn't a report I saw to identify this.  What I have in my Master page is code so it would not be apparent by looking at output.

Also, is there a way to sync the highlighting within RH to the topic I'm working on.  For example, if I'm working in a topic and it's highlighted in my topic list, the same topic isn't highlighted in the Project Manager?

Thanks very much,

Sue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

If you look at the Topic List pod you should be able to see a column labeled Master Page.

Click image below for larger view.

tmp1.PNG

If you don't see this column, you might need to scroll the scroll bar to the right. Note also that you may drag the column header to place it next to the Topic name if you like. Also, you may need to right-click the column headers in order to enable the Master Page.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 moments from now - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcererStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

Thank you.  I didn't have the header in the topic list as it wasn't enabled.

Do you know, is there a way to sync the highlighting between the topic list and the project manager when working in RH?

Thanks again for your help,

Sue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue

Sooo, are you sorted on the Master Page?

Sorry, but I don't believe there is a way to coax RoboHelp to sync the displayed topic and the Topic List. The only "sync" would be if you used the Topic List to double-click a topic there to make edits. Then you would see the topic open in the editor and a highlight on the topic in the Topic List. But even that would be fleeting.

Out of curiosity, what benefit would be gained by having the topic in the Topic List highlighted?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 moments from now - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcererStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2010 Dec 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rick,

Not a big gain, just consistency.  Sometimes I edit things from the topic list and other times from the Project Manager.

Thanks again for your response.

Sue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp