• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help is always on top of other windows

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2010 Dec 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently have RoboHelp 7 and am creating a CHM file. Currently the Help is always on top of other windows. Is there a setting to allow other windows to be on top of the Help?

Thanks,

Ron

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 01, 2010 Dec 01, 2010

Hi Ron

CHM files use Windows that are defined. You do have access to the settings for the window that govern how it behaves. I'm happy to share where you might check this. But odds are that you will discover it's not the CHM and any configuration setting it contains. Likely it has more to do with the manner in which your application developer is calling the CHM. I believe in the help call itself they are able to specify the behavior. If you want to confirm this, just open the CHM on its own by do

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 01, 2010 Dec 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ron

CHM files use Windows that are defined. You do have access to the settings for the window that govern how it behaves. I'm happy to share where you might check this. But odds are that you will discover it's not the CHM and any configuration setting it contains. Likely it has more to do with the manner in which your application developer is calling the CHM. I believe in the help call itself they are able to specify the behavior. If you want to confirm this, just open the CHM on its own by double-clicking it. If it isn't above other apps, there's your proof.

To verify the window settings, click View > Pods > Project Set-up. Then expand the Windows folder. There you should find a window definition for your CHM file. Double-click it to open the Window editor. When it opens, click the Advanced Properties button in the lower right corner of the dialog, Then click the Extended Styles tab. This option is titled Top-most Window.

tmp1.PNG

As I said earlier, my guess is that you will find this isn't enabled. But it won't hurt to double-check it. As a last ditch effort to prove it's not the CHM file, you can try defining a totally new window and configure that window as the default when you compile. And if after all that the CHM *STILL* is on top, it's time to toss it in the developer's lap.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 moments from now - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcererStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2010 Dec 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the suggestions Rick.

I think the main issue was corrected in the View > Pods > Project Set-up area. There was one window that had Top-Most Window enabled, so I made sure that the option was off in all for all of the windows and it does work a lot better now.

Now the Help can go behind other programs except for the application the calls it. I guess I'll have to forward it onto a developer at this point.

Thanks,

Ron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp