• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

after effects text pixelated

Nov 25, 2010 Nov 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi

for some reason type text are in after effects the text will become pixalted does anyone know how to fix this problem?

thanks andy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 25, 2010 Nov 25, 2010

Your comp window is set to 1/3 resolution. Try setting it to full.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your comp window is set to 1/3 resolution. Try setting it to full.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi

does after effects need a  a really good graphics card are something?  how do i set me window to full?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 26, 2010 Nov 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

does after effects need a  a really good graphics card are something?

No. The graphics card has almost nothing to do with After Effects.

how do i set me window to full?

from After Effects Help:

"You can choose from the following Resolution settings in the Composition Settings (Composition > Composition Settings) dialog box or from the Resolution/Down Sample Factor menu at the bottom of the Composition panel..."

Please, since you're new to After Effects, start here:

http://blogs.adobe.com/toddkopriva/2010/01/getting-started-with-after-eff.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A picture is worth a thousand words.

compWindow.png

You might also want to take a look here: Getting Started with After Effects

Or here: After Effects User Interface

Or here: Animating Transformations

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also in addition to what the otehrs have said note, that your pixel aspect ratio correction is enabled and since it's a quick&dirty scaling effect for previewing purposes only, it will degenerate the buffer and display artifacts.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 30, 2010 Nov 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem but my resolution is set to full. My text was crystal clear in CS4 and now I have moved the project to CS5 and all of my text is degraded and really looks bad. It looks clear in AE CS5 but when output either through render to uncompressed AVI or done through dynamic link it still looks bad. I can't seem to create any sharp text either. I am getting very frustrated can you help me? I am thinking it is something to do with the pixel aspect settings. Some of my footage changed aspect ratios when I did the conversion to CS5.

Here is the text in AE before rendering

badtextae.jpg

Here is the text in premiere CS5 after rendering

badtextp.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 01, 2010 Dec 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would say you simply didn't take care of fields. Of course you may be on to something with that aspect ratio stuff, too, so make sure you use the proper resolutions for sqaure pixel equivalent comps as laid out in the online help.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a field problem I don't think. It looks bad as a straight AVI exported from AE and played in VLC or Media player. In fact since moving to CS5 if I create new text in comes out looking bad. I have tried so many settings and cannot make good looking text. Is it the font? Do you have any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I fixed my problem. The answer is sort of confusing so contact me if you have questions.

Premeire problem -

I had slightly moved the text panels by simply clicking and dragging to a different position. They were graphics with a transparent background so I could simply grab and move it a hair to be in a better place asthetically in premiere. I had done this in CS4 and when exported it didn't have any effect on the quality. I figured out that if I clicked on the little fx icon next to the motion effect it would turn off the effect and move the object back to its original spot. Keep in mind this was just barely move any of these. For some reason after exporting I can now go back in and click it back on which moves it back and it looks fine like it did in CS4. This is a goofy problem. There must be enough of a difference between the two versions that you have to do any moving using the CS5. I was really pulling my hair out.

AE problem -

I had the open GL previews selected and render simultaneous frames selected and it created a reduced resolution preview.

My Players Problem -

All of my players were set to resize the video to the size of the screen on startup and since I am outputting to SD on a 28in. 1080p monitor it was looking pixilated in my players because it was just slightly too big.

The biggest part for me was that even though I was creating the text new in AE I was replacing existing footage in premeire which was keeping the original position settings which I had moved. I know this is probably confusing but I did find the answer to my problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines