• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Glossary Hotspot Wizard destroys formatting

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2010 Nov 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone! I'm still fairly new to the world of Robohelp 7, so please forgive me if this is a stupid question:

I have set up a test project for myself, using *css and *htt files developed by the company I started working at. My predecessor has left the company, so I am stuck with teaching myself (and doing lots of trial-and-error).

Now we get to my problem:

The stylesheet and formatting works fine. However, after I use the Glossary Hotspot Wizard, even with different settings/options, the stylesheet is gone and I get completely different fonts and heading styles.

My current workaround is to just close Robohelp, copy and paste the *css and *htt files from another project and replacing the ones I have in the current project. This means I have to avoid using the Hotspot Wizard.

Now, as far as I have seen the glossary has never been used in any project, so it seems I never will have to. But I'm still curious - can anyone explain why this is happening and why the Hotspot Wizard destroys my stylesheet? Or is it a bug of some sort?

If I need to go on test drives or you need more info - no problem, I have quite a while to do so before my first real project starts!

I'm hoping this will help me understanding the software .

Thank you very much!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 01, 2010 Dec 01, 2010

Hi,

I've never seen this behaviour. Have you installed all three patches?

Also, if you open your css before and after using the hotspot wizard, what is the difference between your style sheet?

You say you also paste your .htt's from another project. Are you templates in any way changed by the hotspot wizard?

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 01, 2010 Dec 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've never seen this behaviour. Have you installed all three patches?

Also, if you open your css before and after using the hotspot wizard, what is the difference between your style sheet?

You say you also paste your .htt's from another project. Are you templates in any way changed by the hotspot wizard?

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2010 Dec 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Willam,

thank you very much for your reply! I tried your suggestions and checked the questions:

I already had Robohelp upgraded to the version of 7.03.001, which apparently includes all 3 patches. I tried installing them just to make sure, but they only give me the option to remove the installation, so I assume I do have the newest version. There are no further upgrades available.

I just ran a test with the *htt and the *css file. The htt is no different at all when viewed in the Text Editor, the *css however looks different. It doesn't matter which options I choose when running the wizard, the right formatting is always gone.

This is what the css file looks like before and after using the Glossary Hotspot Wizard:

Before

/*Erstellt mit Adobe RoboHelp*/

BODY {

border-left-style: Solid;

border-left-color: #2091df;

border-left-width: 100px;

}

P.Title {

x-next-class: Schrift1;

x-next-type: P;

font-size: 11pt;

background-color: #2091df;

color: #ffffff;

font-weight: bold;

font-style: normal;

margin-top: 0pt;

margin-bottom: 18pt;

letter-spacing: 1pt;

}

LI.P-Title {

font-size: 11pt;

color: #ffffff;

}

P {

font-size: 8pt;

font-family: Arial, sans-serif;

margin-left: 18pt;

margin-right: 18pt;

margin-top: 6pt;

margin-bottom: 6pt;

}

LI.P {

}

P.Schrift2 {

}

LI.P-Schrift2 {

}

P.Schrift1 {

x-next-class: Schrift2;

font-size: 10pt;

color: #2091df;

margin-top: 9pt;

margin-bottom: 0pt;

}

LI.P-Schrift1 {

}

SPAN.Keyword {

font-style: italic;

font-weight: normal;

}

P.Table {

margin-left: 10pt;

margin-right: 8pt;

}

LI.P-Table {

}

A:active {

}

A:hover {

}

A:link {

}

A:visited {

}

After:

A.expandspot {    color: #008000;    cursor: hand;    font-style: italic;    text-decoration: none;}

SPAN.expandtext {    font-style: italic;    font-weight: normal;    color: #ff0000;}

A.dropspot {  cursor: hand;    color: #008000;    font-style: italic;    text-decoration: none;}

A.glossterm {    color: #800000;    cursor: hand;    font-style: italic;    text-decoration: none;}

SPAN.glosstext {    font-style: italic;    font-weight: normal;    color: #0000ff;}
;
}
P {
    margin-left: 18pt;
    margin-right: 18pt;
}
LI.P {
}
P.Schrift2 {
}
LI.P-Schrift2 {
}
P.Schrift1 {
    x-next-class: Schrift2;
    margin-top: 9pt;
    margin-bottom: 0pt;
}
LI.P-Schrift1 {
}
SPAN.Keyword {
    font-style: italic;
    font-weight: normal;
}
P.Table {
    margin-left: 10pt;
    margin-right: 8pt;
}
LI.P-Table {
}
A:active {
}
A:hover {
}
A:link {
}
A:visited {
}

I hope you're able to make something of this info, (The word "Schrift" in the bottom table means "font" in German, not sure whether this is relevant for anyone's understanding ).

Maybe there is an easy solution, but maybe I should convince the company to invest in Robohelp 8 eventually .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

RH removes your body style from the css, thus removing the left border. The font-size and font-family of your text is not changed. Why RH removes your body style is a mysterie to me.

Try the following: Copy the styles A.expandspot, SPAN.expandtext, A.dropspot, A.glossterm and SPAN.glosstext from the *After* CSS to the *Before* CSS. When you do this, RH has already all the styles it needs in you style sheet. It shouldn't change your css anymore when you run the Hotspot Wizard.

When you copied the styles, go to the RH Style editor and amend the new styles to meet your needs. If this doesn't help, or if I'm missing something, please post back.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much, Willam!

Your suggestion has worked like a charm!

This is going to make things much easier !

PS: I accidentally clicked "helpful answer" before "correct answer", I'll try to change this again if possible!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Glad it worked. Don't bother with helpfull/correct answer.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp