Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Training will not update to my newly uploaded content. Please Help

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2010 Dec 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have uploaded a presentation to the content area of my adobe connect account. I then created a training course in the Training area that is linked to this piece of content.  There has been several revisions to the presentation along the way that have been re-uploaded to the content area.  In the training area, I click the 'Select Content' tab and 'Update my content'.  For some reason my training will not update to show the most current content.  I have 'selected content' several times, tried it on different computers and had other people try it and it still will not work.

I had this same problem a couple of months ago.  At that time, I called Adobe Tech support who tried to help me.  The problem was escalated through several layers of support, each layer not knowing what was happening or why.  Eventually the problem 'fixed itself' and the training finally updated.  The case was closed with no explanation.  I was told since there was no longer a problem they couldn't investigate it.

Well i am having the problem...again.  i've already allowed a week for it to 'fix itself', but it is not working.  Has anyone had this same problem?  I am desperate.  Please help!  Thanks for reading this.

TOPICS
Training

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 02, 2010 Dec 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a work-around: Publish your content to desktop as a ZIP-file. Upload the ZIP-file to Connect and point your course to the "new" content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the reply.  I should have mentioned in my original post but, the content has been uploaded as a zip file.  In fact, when i click on the url of the content in the Content area, it does reflect the current version.  However the url from the training course in the Training area when clicked does not reflect the correct version.  I have gone through the Update Content process several times.

I have deleted browswer history, temp files etc. but it will not update.  Other users who have never opened the presentation on their machine also see the incorrect old version.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.Only got one guess then: Go to Training > Edit information > scroll down: Checkmark: Update information for any items linked to this item?  Click: Save.

Oh - by the way: Did you remember to click "save" after "select content"? If you have loads of content you have to scroll all the way down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2010 Dec 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks john.  i have updated content > then save > then "are your sure...." which i answer yes to.

i have also double checked the "save linked items button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines