Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reduce and downsize pdf file

Participant ,
Dec 02, 2010 Dec 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,
I am looking for a method and guide to reduce my pdf file size from 100MB to 2MB or 3MB maintaining and preserving its original page size. I do not mind image resolution to be deteriorated drastically. Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use either Reduce File Size under the Document Menu or PDF Optimize under the Advanced>Print Production menu. However, a 50:1 compression may not be possible without a substantial loss in the result. Also, if the PDF is a set of graphics of text, not actual text, then using OCR with clearscan may be the first step to take. Often such large files are scanned files and the OCR to ClearScan is the first step to take.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I have selected Printer Adobe PDF, under Adobe PDF Document Properties Menu, I picked Adobe PDF Setting tab. Then I editted the Default Settings as below:-
I managed to reduced the original size from 92MB to 3.6MB, however, the images were downsized tremendously.

http://img.ihere.org/uploads3/6571067d81.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depending on the content of your PDF and such, your selection is not unreasonable. However, the smallest-size job options does not embed fonts. You have to be extremely careful in such a case that you are not using any strange fonts that users of your PDF may not have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can compromise on graphics output, then down sample the graphics in a photo editing software like photoshop, then create a new file with the edited graphics. Also flatten the layers in Acrobat. Do not embed the fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 03, 2010 Dec 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I do not intend to edit it in Photoshop since it is already a final pdf file. I need a fast solution and method to shrink the pdf to email. Compromising the image resolution is permitted. Thanks a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 03, 2010 Dec 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You may have to extract parts of the PDF and e-mail the parts. That may be the best solution if you are under time pressure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines