• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

scanintf.dll is missing

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2010 Aug 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can't use twain for Canon MP600 in Acrobat 9. Scanner does work. have even tried twain org twacker to test it.

have latest driver and MP Navigator from Canon

running Win7 64bit

ideas?

TOPICS
Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do not mention the version of AA9. It is currently at AA9.3.3. If you are not updated, try to update AA and try again. Also, have you tried the scan from other software, such as a graphics package?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may have a functioning twain driver, but is it 64-bit native???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat 9.3.3.

Tried XnView and it lists my Canon MP600 under "Select TWAIN source" & "Acquire" pulls up the Canon ScanGear dialog.

scanintf.dll is a Canon ScanGear file. Seems Acrobat know to call it and fails.

I believe Acrobat is 32bit, yes? (Only Photoshop is 64bit, which is another separate mess.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 21, 2010 Nov 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the exact same problem with brand new Adobe Acrobat X. I'm using a Canon Lide 600F, running on Windows 7 64-bit.

Did you resolve this problem in Acrobat 9?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2010 Nov 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No luck! Seems it's Canon just doesn't have 64bit scanner driver? Seems Canon just orphaned this older printer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 22, 2010 Nov 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please check if you have latest 64 Bit driver? You may want to download one from http://software.canon-europe.com/products/0010401.asp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 22, 2010 Nov 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried with Canon PIXMA MP780 with 64 Bit Win 7 and it worked with Acrobat X. Are you able to scan with other applications, like MSPAINT, TWACKER that use TWAIN driver?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 25, 2010 Nov 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I'm able to scan with other programs. I'm also able to scan with Acrobat X, but only using Custom Scan. All the presets are greyed out, and when I select Configure Presets, and select the twain driver I get the error about the missing SCANINTF.dll. When selecting the WIA driver I get this error:"This scanner does not support presets".

What is strange is that I have used this scanner with Acrobat 9 and Windows 7 64-bit before, and everything worked just great. Seems to me this is a problem with Acrobat X, not the scanner driver..

I'm using the latest Canon driver (12.12).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2010 Nov 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, add me to the list. I was able to use my Canon CanoScan 8600F up until the last Adobe Std. update. Then I get the missing scanintf.dll error.  Any help from the frontlines would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, I tried downloading the lastest x64 Canon driver (I'm on Win7x64) with no joy. I'm up to date on Adobe Std.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 05, 2010 Dec 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to let you know: I was able to get scanning using profiles working again by downgrading to Acrobat 9 Pro. Thanks for your input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2010 Dec 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem on my systems is Canon ScanGear won't load.

In MP Navigator, clicking "open driver" does nothing. In the scan section, it just says "scan failed"

Twacker also can't load it. scanintf.dll not found.

Are you thinking that Acrobat broke twain some how? Both Acro 9 & 10, & nothing other than WIA scan work.

Spent quite some time with Canon on this. They are completely clueless. Only know how to unistall and reinstall the driver. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2011 Jan 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re: Windows 7 (64-Bit) with a CanonScan 8600F Scanner

Previously I had the "scaninitf.dll is missing" error, but now after trying to re-point Adobe 9 Std to the scanner, I'm also getting "Error while interacting with the scanner: the selected scanner was not found."

Now here's the interesting part: If I create a PDF using the CanoScan Toolbox (it is pointed to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat 9.0\Acrobat\Acrobat.exe"), and create a PDF all works fine. If I leave Adobe open to this created document, and try a 'Create PDF from Scanner' operation from within Adobe directly to create a new scanned PDF, Adobe works as it used to before this most recent Adobe update. That is, it finds and scans a new PDF just fine!

For now, I'm using the CanoScan toolbox to fire up Adobe 9.0 for creating PDF's from the scanner...and patiently waiting for an update to be pushed down from Adobe Galactic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2011 Jan 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is with Canon. Their ScanGear fails. Try to run it directly from "MP Navigator 3.0" pick "open scanner driver" nothing happens. I've talked to Canon and it's the usual hole of not knowing what to do. Just stop buying Canon for win7 x64 I guess?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2011 Jan 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Erol, thanks for your post.

We must have slightly different issues. I don't have a ScanGear app on my install (just a readme and uninstall icon in the folder where it should be). This was from a fresh install from the CanonUSA site for the 8600 Win7x64 driver, Adobe RGB, and CanoScan Toolbox 5.0.

My toolbox runs just fine and in all functions. The Windows Devices and Printers Scanner icon operates just fine with no problems. All other scanner-related apps on my machine operate properly with the scanner. It is only Adobe Acrobat Std. 9.4.0.195 (core version 9.4.1) that is not operating properly. Prior versions of Adobe 9.0 used to work properly on my machine but now don't since the latest update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2011 Jan 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah! I have an MP600. So, as with every hardware vendor, they stopped updating the software so it would become obsolete and I'd have to buy a new one. LOL

But, as I guess, new software, same old garbage twain driver. I think my drive is from 2006, though the software install is 2009. SOS!

What's the best printer software/company? Alas, it's all made in China, so probably all the software is poor. Just a sad fact of cheap harware prices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2011 Jan 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture.PNG

I even went so far as to copy the twain drivers to the Acrobat Directory, and create an environment variable and now I get the image above:

Windows 7x64 Canon Lide600F with 12.12 drivers and CanoScan Tool Box 5.

If I try to use a Custom Scan I get this image:

Any thoughts? NE1?Capture2.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2011 Jan 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a solution! I killed my ability to twain scan at all in

photoshop just a little while ago while checking 64-bit Photoshop for twain on another thread.

My earlier post stated I tried an environment variable and copying the twain files to the Acrobat directory. I have since removed them and the environment variable and added this path to my Path Statement in my System Variables: C:\windows\twain_32\CNQ4802.

I would check the twain path per the directory that your driver(s) create.

I can now scan in any mode from Acrobat X.

Capture3.PNG
Hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 22, 2011 Jan 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Abustraan - you did it! Thank you. I added my twain driver path to the system environment path, re-booted, and all is well.

For Adobe staff - in case they ever read this thread, here are the two places this twain driver file is referenced in my registry:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup\PnpLockdownFiles

and

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup\PnpLockdownFiles

Mine was a Win7x64 OS.

Thank you again Abustraan for getting my Adobe back up and working again with my Canon scanner! Good Job!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Larry. Glad it worked for you.

Some days I get lucky, some days I make money...lol

As for the 8600F problem.

Trying to determine if the scanner supported Twain functionality previously, I can only assume that it's still there and just have to figure out how to "Path" it.

I noticed that Canon does have Windows 7 x64 bit drivers and an Updated Tool Box: http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/scanners/canoscan_series/canoscan_8600f#DriversAndSof...

If you've already installed the drivers, I'd check the Windows\Twain_32 folder for any subdirectories and add "C:\Windows\Twain_32\<Subdirectory>" to the environment variable "Path =".

Hope it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2011 Jan 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed abustraan, you are a hero!

Adding the path to c:\windows\twain_32 + my printer model (checking the folder) has twain picked up in all my apps. None were working, only WIA.

I spent a couple hours with Canon support on the phone and they were completely clueless. Said, "it should work" but couldn't verify on their side because they didn't have any x64 systems.

thanks!

Message was edited by: Erol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May I know the scanner make and model you are having? Is that from  Canon or from any other manufacturer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Canon 8600F

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any ideas on how to get 64-bit scan to work? Does Canon even provide that?

Photoshop 64 of course needs that. so it is still dead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just re-installed the ScanGear 12.12 64-bit software from the Canon Website and here is what the readme says:

Copyright CANON INC. 1998-2007. All Rights Reserved.

Canon ScanGear Version 12.1.2 64-bit Edition
for Microsoft Windows
Instructions

"Windows" is a trademark of Microsoft Corporation, registered in the
United States and other countries.
All other names and brands mentioned here may be trademarks or
registered trademarks of their respective owners.

< Contents >

Introduction
Foreword
Installation Components
Deleting ScanGear

====================================================================
Introduction
====================================================================

< Foreword >

This product is a 64-bit TWAIN-compliant scanner driver for CanoScan
LiDE 600F scanner.
When this driver is selected from within a TWAIN-compliant
application program, this scanner can be used to scan image data.

< Installation Components >

The following components make up the installation package:

- Installer (Setup.exe)
    Installs the TWAIN-compliant scanner driver for CanoScan
    LiDE 600F scanner on your computer.

- ScanGear 12.1.2 for CanoScan LiDE 600F (hereafter referred to as
    "ScanGear")
    The software allows you to scan image data.

- Uninstaller
    Lets you remove the ScanGear from your computer.

- Readme (readme_english.txt)
    This document. It contains important information about the
    ScanGear. To view it after installation, select [Start]-
    [(All) Programs]-[CanoScan LiDE 600F]-[Readme].

< Deleting ScanGear >

Delete unnecessary ScanGear according to the following
procedure:

1.  From the [Start] menu, select [(All) Programs], and then
      select [CanoScan LiDE 600F].

2.  Click [Uninstall].

3.  If the [Scanner Driver Uninstaller] dialog box appears,
      click the [Execute] button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines