Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't play published projects(*.htm) from Captivate 5

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2010 Dec 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm trying now a few days already to publish my Captivate 5 projects. Usually I used the *.htm format, but since my colleagues said that they can't open them, I tried it with the *.exe or *.app formats too. Sometimes it works sometimes nothing at all.

With the *.htm files, the Adobe Flash Player Security Window comes up, but neither clicking "Settings" nor "Ok" is working. The movies starts for 1 sec and disappears immediately after.

I tried different settings while publishing, Flash Player settings, changed the "SWF size and Quality settings" (*.swf is also not working by the way), used different browsers, but nothing really worked.

Any ideas how I can solve that? It's really something I need to get fixed soon 😞

Thanks in advance

Svenja

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a long shot, but:

Have you tried clearing out the Captivate cache?

Edit > Preferences > Global >  General Settings > Clear Cache button.

I've noticed some really weird Cp5 issues when the cache gets to a certain size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2010 Dec 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@RodWard

Hi,

yes, I did that from time to time. But doesn't help.

Thanks

Svenja

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Double clicking on the '*.swf' file plays the file properly? Can you please share the information on which OS, browser and in Flash player version you are facing the Issue (.htm issue). Can you please confirm that on the colleague’s machine, Flash player ActiveX/Plugin is installed correctly and the location from where they are trying to open the file(.htm) is added as a Flash player trusted location.

What is the error message you are getting when you are trying to Open the *.exe File?.

To fix some 'Publish to .Exe' issues a patch was released. So you can try Publishing to Exe after installing the patch. The details about the patch are blogged here: http://blogs.adobe.com/captivate/2010/08/unable-to-open-exe-files-published-from-adobe-captivate-5.h...

Thanks,

nsukumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2010 Dec 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi nsukumar,

We tried it with different OS (Mac OSX 10.5 - 10.6, Win XP and Win 2007) and different browsers (IE, FF, Safari). Depending on the browser, there is no chance to define this location as an "Flash player trusted location", because either the request is not coming up (but still not plays the movie) or the browsers gets frozen immediately (FF).

On all machines, Flash player ActiveX/Plugin is installed correctly, but we found out that browsers with older version can play the *.htm files:

Version9.jpg

All browsers, where the plugin was updated to the newest version, wasn't able to play!

Version10.jpg

The *.exe files just show an black screen when opened on systems without Adobe Captivate installed. I already tried the fix you mentioned, but is still not working.

Thanks,

Svenja

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 05, 2010 Dec 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Svenja,

Can you follow the steps mentioned in this blog post and see if that helps.

There was an issue with Cp5 SWF having text animation on latest flash player and the issue is resolved. Blog link : http://blogs.adobe.com/captivate/2010/11/solution-for-cp5-content-not-working-with-the-latest-flash-....

Thanks,

nsukumar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2010 Dec 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi nsukumar,

Thanks a lot! That helped now!

Thanks in advance

Svenja

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources