Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Multi Digital Signature

Level 2

Hi to all,

I create a Form using Adobe LiveCycle Designer 8.2. The purpose of this form is to have multiple digital signatures from 4 different people. But when the first person fills the form and does a digital signature. The second, third and forth cannot do the digital signature. I’m the only one that can do the rest of the digital signature. I try many thinks like lock and unlock the signature field without any luck. Please if someone can let me know what I can do will appreciate. Thanks. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

That's correct.  Reader can only be used to sign PDFs that have been "Reader Extended".  This can be done with LiveCycle Reader Extensions ES2, or in cases where (I think) less than 500 people will be using the "extended" document, Acrobat Professional can be used to enable signatures with Reader.

Regards

Steve

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Former Community Member

Did you enable\disable the "Lock Fields After Signing" option for the signature field(s)? (see screen shot)

Did you configure any seed values for the signaturte field(s)

Can you post a copy of the the form?

Reagrds

Steve

Level 2

Thanks Steve,

Yes, I try disable and enable the “Lock Fields after Signing” and I also create a custom one but it doesn’t work.

No, I didn’t configure any seed values. Do I have to? If, so how can I do it?

How can I post the copy? I try to do a screen shot but it was to big....

Thanks,

Alex

Level 2

Steve,

This is the form.

Thanks,

Alex

Former Community Member

I took a quick look at the form, it appears to be working fine.  I am able to sign it (using Acrobat), and then subsequently sign the remaining signature fields.

Are you using Acrobat to do the testing?  Remember, you can't sign a PDF with Adobe Reader unless the form has been Reader Extended to enable Adobe Reader to sign PDFs.

Regards

Steve

Former Community Member

From "alexvj"

Yes, I have Acrobat, but the user have only Adobe reader. So I just need to change it to reader extended?

Thanks,

Alex

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

That's correct.  Reader can only be used to sign PDFs that have been "Reader Extended".  This can be done with LiveCycle Reader Extensions ES2, or in cases where (I think) less than 500 people will be using the "extended" document, Acrobat Professional can be used to enable signatures with Reader.

Regards

Steve

Level 2

It work!!! Thank you so much Steve....:)

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----