Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

compiling from a command line - RH7

Dec 06, 2010 Dec 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are using RH7 with RoboSource Control on a separate machine (Tech Comm Suite v1). We recently started compiling from a command line (so much faster!) and I have also read that developers can use the command line compile when they do a program build. How do they do this without having the RHCL.exe?  Can they?

I've run out of all ideas and any information would be helpful!  Thanks so much, Forum Folks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The RHCL is the RoboHelp command line tool. Your developers will have to use this too.

Can you install RH on the build machine? The developers can then get the latest version from SC and build the help from the command line.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Install it on the build machine or the server machine? (I'm very NOT technical! )  It's otherwise all the same RHCL stuff, correct, nothing fancy?

If on the server machine, he'd log in to that machine compile it there and publish to the build machine?

If on the build machine, he'd have to map to the server machine to do the compile?

One of the unfortunate problems we've been running into is installing it on another machine.  We've been getting slapped with that "invalid license" message.  I think I've found that this can crop up if a trial version has been installed. I'm just working through some cleanup with Revo Uninstaller to see if there's anything lurking that might be causing THAT problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'd say the build machine. If I'm correct, you're not allowed to install RH on a server. (Please correct me if I'm wrong.) The command line command is exactly the same as you use. It's all in the RH help.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well...  I suppose that explains the root of our problems.  I was hoping it was setting up the command line script in some special way, but I think our bigger problem is that the build machine is running windows server 2003.  That would mean that the developer would have to compile it on some other machine and copy it to the build machine.  And if that's the case, I think we'll go back to our past (less desirable/reliable) methods of including the help in the program.

Thanks for your help, Willam!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp