Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to browse using the TOC order using prev. and next buttons

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2010 Dec 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I'm looking for a Previous Page / Next Page buttons that use rather the TOC order to navigate than the History List.

Currently, the project shows Previous Page / Next Page buttons. But these buttons works only if the pages have been visited.

Do you think, It does exist? If Yes, it would work for HTML HELP Project, generated with RH8. I think javascript or HTLM could work for these functions.

thank for helping me.

Christophe GONZALEZ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 06, 2010 Dec 06, 2010

Hi,

Does your window have the browse sequences?

Capture1.png

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You're looking for Browse Sequences. You can create custom sequences, but you can also generate sequences based on the TOC.

Tools > Browse Sequence Editor.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply, but the browse navigation works for the Webhelp format but doesn't work for Microsoft HTML Help.

How can I do the same navigation in a Microsoft HTML Help format?

is it possible?

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

1. In your window definition, you need to select Browse Sequences.
  2. The Adobe dll 'HHActiveX.dll' should be installed on the system to show the browse sequences. You need to provide this file with your application if you want to use browse sequences in CHM. The file is in: %RH install dir%\RoboHTML

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I know what You are saying, in WebHelp Format, the Active X dll is required, but in CHM, the active X dll is not required.

My PC has the file HHActiveX.dll in the folder C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Technical Communication Suite 2\Adobe RoboHelp 8\RoboHTML.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

It is not sufficient to ensure the DLL exists in the folder. It must also be properly registered with Windows so Windows knows how to use it.

Try opening the help system and searching for HHActiveX.dll. There will be instructions for properly registering the dll.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 moments from now - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcererStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It's the other way around. For Browse Sequences to work in CHM, you need to provide HHActiveX.dll. See also: http://forums.adobe.com/message/2756065#2756065

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I register the HHActiveX.DLL + copy/paste it on the folder of my CHM as said here: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/RoboHelp/RoboHTML/7.0/Distribution/Registering_HHActiveX.DLL.htm.

I create the browsing sequence in RH8 as Rick said (... "enter Zero ( 0 ) for the level value").

But It doesn't work, the Microsoft HTML Help does not show any buttons to navigate from one topic to another.

Bye

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Does your window have the browse sequences?

Capture1.png

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hi

the window has not the browse sequences, but now thanks to You, it Gets it

thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

To amplify Willam's advice on this. When you click Tools > Browse Sequence Editor. This should produce a dialog allowing you to "Auto-create using TOC".

tmp1.PNG

When you click this button RoboHelp will prompt you for the TOC levels to use.

tmp2.png

It will be tempting to just accept the 1 there. But that likely won't produce what you are looking for. You may try again and experiment with 2. And again you will feel frustrated.

If all you want is one long sequence that behaves as a "page turner" allowing the user to navigate from one topic to the next as if they just follwed the TOC as they might with a physical book, enter Zero ( 0 ) for the level value.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 moments from now - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcererStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp