• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Firefox Not Responding- problem is Shockwave Flash plugin

Dec 05, 2010 Dec 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

For the last 2 days or so, I have found that Firefox stops working ('not responding") every time I visit a website that requires flash player. This means I can't watch any videos or go to a lot of websites that I tend to visit frequently without my browser crashing. Through process of elimination, I discovered that the plug-in causing Firefox to crash is "Shockwave Flash". So I disabled it, and my internet works fine. But I can't watch any videos anymore, of course, and I would like to fix this somehow.

I've seen some people recommending a complete uninstallation of Adobe Flash Player, which I've done twice. After each time I restarted my computer and reinstalled Adobe Flash Player, from a different source each time, but the problem persists.

I also heard that disabling hardware animations is supposed to help, but I am unable to do this because it gives me this message: Your current display driver does not allow changes to be made to hardware acceleration settings.

I've noticed that when I use Internet Explorer, sometimes it doesn't crash and sometimes it does.

My system is a 32-bit and I'm using windows Vista. My Firefox is version 3.6.12. If you need any other information, let me know! I would really appreciate some help with this. But I'm not very good with technical computer talk, so please try to keep it simple

Tammi

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 06, 2010 Dec 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you try to disable Hardware Acceleration?  This is a Flash Player option, set via Flash Player Settings (by right-clicking on a Flash object).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 07, 2010 Dec 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I went to Control Panel> Change screen resolution> advanced settings> troubleshoot. The problem is that my internet browser immediately crashes as soon as I go to a site with any flash items. The only way I'm able to use firefox is by disabling the Shockwave flash plugin; but then flash objects don't show up. So I don't think I can change the hardware acceleration by right clicking on a flash object...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines