Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 8 has a merged CHM bug?

Dec 06, 2010 Dec 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thinking about upgrading to RH 8, but have a read a couple blogs about a bug that requires some extra steps to get external CHMs correctly merged in.  Is this so?  If yes, is there a plan to address this?  It's a deal-breaker for me.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would help to know what extra steps you have read about.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course. 😆

I wish I could remember the sites I found this info, but essentially a portion of the code needs a simple correction to then display the linked CHM in the primary CHM.  The code needs corrected each time the primary CHM is generated.  It is this constant requirement that is an issue for me since I have multiple merged CHMs and I produce several platform-specific builds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone else out there encountered this? I don't produce merged CHMs but this is not ringing any bells with me.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may mean this one: http://forums.adobe.com/message/240496

--- Derek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2010 Dec 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris-anna

Does Derek's link cover your problem?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 08, 2010 Dec 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Derek, for the reply and link.  Frankly, the info was completely overwhelming.  I will download the trial version and see what

I can discover by testing.  Thanks everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp