• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CHM within a CHM

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2010 Dec 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If a title is clicked in the TOC of the CHM, the content appears in a new CHM window... I would like to have just one single CHM file... how can I set it in RoboHelp? Thanks a lot in advance. Mimmok

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2010 Dec 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click the link in the TOC editor and check the Properties. Look at the Advanced tab, my guess is that is set to New Window.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but unfortunately it is set to Default... Something else? --

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not from me, I work mostly with WebHelp.

Haven't seen this reported before. Same if you look at the sample projects?

Click Open on the RoboHelp Starter page and then click Samples in the ribbon on the left.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Check that the name of the chms (both the main one and the one you're linking to) does not have an underscore, a blank or any other symbol in it. Then try to regenerate the CHMS and see if it works. (It worked for me.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, but not that was the problem... :S

I have hundreds of files, but I have never experienced things like this... I'm sure there is a simple solution... but what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a screenshot of my problem:

Additional info: if I click a link in the TOC of the original window, the content changes in both window at the same time, however, if I click a link in the 'new' window, the original does not change...

OLH_FRA.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp