Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Synchronizing with network share?

Dec 10, 2010 Dec 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to synchronize local workspace files in CFBuilder with a network share? I see the FTP options but these won't work for me as I just need to push the files over to a shared drive on our development server (Like you can do in Dreamweaver).

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If there's no CFB answer you could always just use something like Robocopy (crap name, okay product) to duplicate the folders, albeit manually.

Can you not just edit the files directly on the network share if that's what you need? That's what I do here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Editing the files directly on the server is an option as that is what we did before having CFB but since using CFB I thought it would be a good idea to have the files I'm working on located in my own workspace and then when I'm done testing move them to the staging server. It'd be nice if CFB had an option like dreamweaver to just synchronize with a network share. One IDE for them all!!!! LOL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As CFB is just built on Eclipse, there are probably many plugins you can get that'd do this - I just found one called FileSync which should do the job you're after, but have a Google and see what suits you.

Never used any of them myself (disclaimer, etc) but it's a fairly simple task so I'm sure someone has written something decent.

O.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Doesn't source control cover that for you?  Work locally, commit your stuff, when you're ready to deploy your changes, run an update on the other environment (obviously with some branching & tagging going on in the middle of all that, as appropriate).

I don't see deployment of code being the job of the IDE.

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation