• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rename CPD using Subversion or Explorer?

Dec 10, 2010 Dec 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

My RoboHelp (V7) cpd is 25MB and I want to reduce its size. I am intending to rename the file and then open the project, and hopefully the resulting CPD will be much smaller. I use Subversion as source control for the RoboHelp project. My question is do I rename the CPD using Subversion or using Windows Explorer?

Thanks in advance

MadgeDeepers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Always rename files in Windows Explorer for an easier life. However if I were you, I'd set the Ignore flag on the .CPD file and .PSS file in SVN. They really shouldn't be source controlled at all.

The RoboColum(n)   @robocolumn   Colum McAndrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.

Why should the CPD and PSS files be set to Ignore?

Regards

MadgeDeepers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are machine specific files so there is no point in having them in source control. If they aren't present when you open the RH project, they are automatically rebuilt. The same could also be said about the HHP and LDB files although here we do add these to source control.

With SVN, ignoring the CPD file gets around that annoying updated icon issue when all you've done is open a project to look at something.

The RoboColum(n)   @robocolumn   Colum McAndrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a further question, how do I set the CPD to ignore?  I use the TortoiseSVN client and if I select the CPD and right click, the only option I can find that mentions 'ignore' is the 'Delete and add to Ignore List'. Is this the option you mean?

Thanks

MadgeDeepers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 28, 2010 Dec 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes. Add to ignore list. I do this with any file that is automatically updated when RoboHelp is opened.

~M Becker

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp